Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 155

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DJF

#1541: Post by DJF »

Hey Judge, nice setup. I like the Bunn. If you're in a rush it looks like you can walk past and get a fix without even slowing down :)
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

SlowRain

#1542: Post by SlowRain »

brokemusician77 wrote:The new Monster!
Where did you get that?!?!

Advertisement
lud

#1543: Post by lud »

Approaching 4.5 years with the GS now. Moved the setup to the basement a few years ago so its no longer using up real estate on the kitchen counter (Vario now resides there. Wife much happier.). Recently sold the Kony (doser) and replaced with the Vulcano Doserless. Still breaking her in, but she's much faster than I expected (ranged 5.0s-5.5s for double so far) considering same motor, burrs as the Kony. Perhaps the Kony doserless is just as fast though.
The relentless pursuit of espression.

Judge

#1544: Post by Judge »

Okay! Something that MUST be said. After playing with my new machine, and well sampling a few too many! Anyone that says decaf is no good "humm it might have its advantages".

One of many shots, very fresh espresso, and very, very, caffeinated! Going to take it easier on the sampling today :roll:

I just know I am going to be in real trouble when I actually learn how to pull a good shot. Think pressure is a little to high. Will lower it today. More sampling :mrgreen: Or maybe I should just stick with making soapy foam today. (Learning to froth milk).

Definitely need to take a trip into Montreal soon, sample some very good espresso's as a baseline. http://www.cafemyriade.com/ Here I come

Is it me or is sleep overrated?

duke-one

#1545: Post by duke-one »

So here is my new filter/pressure regulator set up still feeding my 15 year old Astoria (on the bottom of page 135 of this thread). New machine due this week!! Will add to this post when installed but thought I'd start off with this. Notice the digital pressure gauge, "industrial bling" no doubt!
KDM

Ross Leidy

#1546: Post by Ross Leidy »

Dang, all it's missing is the shoulder harness. You're this guy, right?

Ross Leidy

duke-one

#1547: Post by duke-one »

I've been retired from the industrial electrical world for 11 years but never got over having everything be "heavy duty". I am having fun though, love to see the look on visitors faces when they see some of the things in my house (the filter setup in not the only one).
KDM

Advertisement
jwill911

#1548: Post by jwill911 »

I've had my Alex II for about 4 months and just finished the coffee bar with filter/regulator setup. Most of the filter components are from Chris's Coffee, I did add a water control valve as the first component after the cold water shutoff valve for a little peace of mind. It's very nice not having to worry about the last time I filled the reservoir. The filter output supplies both the Alex II and the sink faucet which makes purging the filter a no brainer.

jw

duke-one

#1549: Post by duke-one »

Very nice, clean setup. I wish I had the space to keep my espresso equipment in it's own area. As it is it has to share a room with the washer,dryer & water heater.
KDM

craigcharity

#1550: Post by craigcharity »

Hey all,

Here is my home setup as it stands at the moment. I had a San Marco Pract one group but I lent that to a friend to use.

Bizzerba grinder(Ditting 903 inside) La Pavoni Pro pre-millenium, Mazzer Major grinder with digital timer and a Hario for pour over.