Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 152

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DrDregs
Equipment: E61 2 group / Elektra Leva / A3 / Cremina / Jolly / HG One

Postby DrDregs » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:48 am

Sorry but I have to say it. I don't care who does the roasting, decaf is crap...it's like trying to enjoy driving a Ferrari with kerosene in the tank.

And Leo...your Semiautomatica looks like a 2003 model. A real beauty. How do you like the espresso so far?
Was this your inspiration?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

novyan
Equipment: Sama Club,Presso,Brewtus2,Silvia,Lattissima,Krups XN2125,Macap MXK,Grindmaster, Quest M3, Zassenhaus

Postby novyan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 am

This is mine, just got it yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LMWDP #343

lordjeebus
Equipment: Elektra Semiautomatica, Compak K10 WBC

Postby lordjeebus » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm

DrDregs wrote:And Leo...your Semiautomatica looks like a 2003 model. A real beauty. How do you like the espresso so far?
Was this your inspiration?

<image>

Indeed, the manual says it was manufactured in 2003 (how could you tell?). Before buying it, I had read it was a very forgiving machine, and this is certainly the case. The espresso is consistently fantastic.

Your picture is hilarious.

HB
Equipment: La Marzocco Strada, Elektra Microcasa a Leva, Compak K10 WBC

Postby HB » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Various off-topic replies...

Marshall wrote:As Tim Castle likes to say, decaf drinkers are the truest coffee lovers, because they only drink it for the flavor and aroma.

aecletec wrote:Apparently you don't know what a double entendre is, but that's ok. Some decaf espresso is quite good but nowhere near that of good "normal". Perhaps you have difficulty understanding what flavour means, too?

DrDregs wrote:Sorry but I have to say it. I don't care who does the roasting, decaf is crap...it's like trying to enjoy driving a Ferrari with kerosene in the tank.

Further off-topic replies about decaffeinated coffee on this thread will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.
Dan Kehn

nau
Equipment: Rocket Cellini Evoluzione, Mahlkoenig Vario

Postby nau » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 am

Here is my setup:

Rocket Cellini Evoluzione and Mahlkonig Vario

pizzaman383
Equipment: VBM DDv2, Doge 83 w/Mazzer Burrs, Behmor Brazen, KA w/PID, KA Grinder w/Mazzer Burrs, Graziella PID

Postby pizzaman383 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Here's my Vibiemme and Fiorenzato grinder. I've done a few customizations:
  • Olive wood knobs and handles I made (with satin rock-hard varnish).
  • Tamper handle I made (again from olive wood).
  • Orphan Espresso wide funnel.
  • Stainless custom funnel mounted inside doser.Click Here
  • Macap step-less adjuster and gear adjustment ring
  • Digital (pool heater) timer

Curtis

doubleOsoul
Equipment: '58 Urania,Duchessa,Cremina,Belle Epoque,MCals, T1,Caravels, Mia, Vesub. Mona,Mazzer,PeDe, KAPro

Postby doubleOsoul » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:34 pm

The olivewood is beautiful. I've had no luck finding someone locally to make handles for my Elektra MCal.
OO
Ways to win my heart:buy me coffee, make me coffee, be coffee

skilled in the art of grinding
cannonfodder
Team HB
Equipment: Elektra A3, Faema, Gaggia Lever, LaCimbali the list goes on...

Postby cannonfodder » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB
Equipment: Elektra A3, Faema, Gaggia Lever, LaCimbali the list goes on...

Postby cannonfodder » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:52 pm

pizzaman383 wrote:Here's my Vibiemme and Fiorenzato grinder. I've done a few customizations: Olive wood knobs and handles I made (with satin rock-hard varnish).

Looks good but watch your varnish. My experience, the portafilter handle will blister where it screws into the portafilter. Not many finishes will take the heat. I use catalyzed urethane which is heat/water/chemical resistant but a little difficult to work.
Dave Stephens

pizzaman383
Equipment: VBM DDv2, Doge 83 w/Mazzer Burrs, Behmor Brazen, KA w/PID, KA Grinder w/Mazzer Burrs, Graziella PID

Postby pizzaman383 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 am

cannonfodder wrote:Looks good but watch your varnish. My experience, the portafilter handle will blister where it screws into the portafilter. Not many finishes will take the heat. I use catalyzed urethane which is heat/water/chemical resistant but a little difficult to work.

That's a good point. I've had very good luck with the Behlen rockhard tabletop varnish in other uses. It's heat, chemical, water, etc. resistant. I have tested it with a heat gun and it didn't bubble at all up until the wood blackened. I'll report back after a few months.
Curtis