Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 135

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
duke-one

#1341: Post by duke-one »

Man do you have 20-20 vision or what? I've had it for years and just love my (almost) daily serving of home made ice cream. Kind of fits in with the whole "make great food and drink at home" thing. All set to make a batch of mix tomorrow; Mokka with chocolate and Kahlua, one of my favorites.
Duke

sweaner

#1342: Post by sweaner »

A $700 ice cream machine? I think I'll get one of those balls that you roll around on the floor to make the ice cream. Or stick with Ben and Jerry's!
Scott
LMWDP #248

duke-one

#1343: Post by duke-one »

It's been worth every penny. Everyone I know loves home made I/C. I have had as many as three different flavors in the frezzer, get 12-14 6oz servings out of a batch of mix. Don't save anything on the process either; add up the cost of all the ingredients forget the time and all the clean-up involved, it is still worth it. If the machine broke down I'd replace it, no doubt about it.
KDM

godshot

#1344: Post by godshot »

duke-one wrote:Man do you have 20-20 vision or what? I've had it for years and just love my (almost) daily serving of home made ice cream. Kind of fits in with the whole "make great food and drink at home" thing. All set to make a batch of mix tomorrow; Mokka with chocolate and Kahlua, one of my favorites.
Duke
I'm totally with you on the "make great food and drink at home" thing. My favorite ice creams are pistachio and chocolate, often together! I also like coffee ice cream. I love to take a basic vanilla recipe and just add whatever I have on hand that seems appealing.

I also make my own beer and wine and soda, cure and smoke meats, make sausages, dry age subprimal cuts of beef, make cheeses (just getting started on this one), yogurt, kefir, naturally fermented pickles, make fresh bread weekly, and I can fruit preserves and the vegetables from my garden.

Oh, that's a nice espresso machine you've got there too. I have a new Vibiemme Domobar Super HX, but I won't show it on this thread until I get it plumbed in and working.

godshot

#1345: Post by godshot »

sweaner wrote:A $700 ice cream machine? I think I'll get one of those balls that you roll around on the floor to make the ice cream. Or stick with Ben and Jerry's!
Hey Scott, you do realize how funny that sounds coming from someone with a Quickmill Vetrano and a Mazzer Mini...

A $1800 coffee machine and $600 grinder!!! I think I'll get me one of those French Press pots or stick with Starbucks! :mrgreen:

geoffbeier

#1346: Post by geoffbeier replying to godshot »

For some reason, this post makes me want to go set up home-gelateria.com.

Alvin.A

#1347: Post by Alvin.A »

its the first place i walk over to in the morning

webgelato

#1348: Post by webgelato »

Nice :)

Is there anything not related to coffee in thoses cabinets?

Hoenen

#1349: Post by Hoenen »

My set up, Rancilio Silvia, a Technivorm and a La Spaziale MX (rebadged MACAP MX/A). Quite humble, my only pride is the La Spaziale, shining bright.

I also have this self-made picture on canvas but because im about to move it's wrapped up.

(old picture, my old Faema grinder on it)
LMWDP #326

Phaelon56

#1350: Post by Phaelon56 »

Pulled my first shots from the new machine this morning. Tasty! Piero caps and dual PID. 2006 vintage. Once I get base cabinet built to provide space for grinder and knock box I will post photo of completed work area. Now to clean up the Isomac for sale. I'll miss it - eight years of faithful duty and still pulls great shots but not like the Linea.