Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 132

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
eric needham
Equipment: Faema E61, LA San Marco 80 Leva, Mazzer SJ, Diedrich IR-5
Interests: cooking,building stuff

Postby eric needham » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Bob, wow that looks great! has that Andrea been used yet? it appears to be warmed
this is my current set up EricImageImageImage

ponti33609
Equipment: Quick Mill Andreja Premium, Mazzer SJ/Rio Normale
Interests: Motorcycles Tennis Golf

Postby ponti33609 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Eric,

Nice observation...........here is the scoop.......

The new set-up was my wife's Xmas present that she has wanted to open and use since early in Nov when I purchased for her (I never even drank coffee till we were married when we were 40!) Anyway, I had ordered some RedBird coffee beans and was trying to get them to hold them till around the 20th or so........anyway, they shipped and she got them last Fri which then led to me hooking up her machine as she said the coffee smelled too yummy not to try!

First, she copied the setting off your grinder pic you sent (I purchased Eric's old Mazzer) but with new burrs, her first shot "chocked" as the setting was way too fine with the new burrs. She then started grinding coarser than your picture showed and got a really decent shot. Only the 1st one got "dumped". I would say that even the 2nd ever shot pulled was as good or better than anything we purchased at the local coffee shop so we are both very excited!

I also have a timer setup so the machine goes on at 6AM each morning and off at 10AM and again in the eve from 5PM to 9PM so it is ready to go when she wants it!

Bob

Rostik_KIEV
Equipment: Mazzer MAJOR, Diedrich IR2.5

Postby Rostik_KIEV » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:49 am

Nuova Simonelli La Musica & Mazzer MAJOR

hbuchtel
Equipment: Arrarex Caravel, La Pavoni + Pharos #035

Postby hbuchtel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:31 am

Just for everybody's entertainment - Has Garanti 2kg and ECME "Who The Heck Knows".
LMWDP #53

jonathan.starr
Equipment: QuickMill Andreja, Mazzer SJ, Baratza Vario, various pourovers, siphons, etc etc.

Postby jonathan.starr » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Just a few quick pics of my home setup. Nothing fancy.

physiognomy
Equipment: Francis X5

Postby physiognomy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 am

I'm new here, so I'd like to to say a quick hello & post a pic of my first espresso setup... A good friend recently gifted me this Francis X5 and my interest in coffee has changed for good.

I have already learned a lot from reading the forum. Thanks for having me!

carlhpretired
Equipment: Rocket Evoluzione and Mazzer Mini Electronic B

Postby carlhpretired » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Some photos of new Rocket Giotto Evoluzione - with plumb in. Just upgraded from PID-controlled Silvia.
There really is a noticeable difference in the cup (and channeling is history!)

On the filter cartridge head:

The left gauge is the inlet water pressure to the house - normally 60-85 psi.
The right gauge is the outlet pressure from the pressure regulator - set to 30 psi.

I've installed a shut-off for the water supply inlet to the filter cartridge so that I
can isolate the espresso machine from the water supply, for extended periods if necessary,
without having to shut off the cold water supply for the sink.

The white plastic shut-off valve coming out of the bottom pressure regulator outlet
has a quick-disconnect hose fitting. This permits easy installation of a short length
of plastic hose that empties into a bucket, to purge carbon fines after installing a
new filter cartridge (without having to disconnect the espresso machine's supply hose).Image

let us help you find the right gear
sweaner
Equipment: Quickmill Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La Peppina, Bunn Trifecta MB, Lido 2 #79, Pharos #52!

Postby sweaner » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm

How does that drain line drain for you? I think that when I do this I may need to install some type of pump device to get the drip tray to drain well.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Man does not live by coffee alone...we need beer too.

carlhpretired
Equipment: Rocket Evoluzione and Mazzer Mini Electronic B

Postby carlhpretired » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I had a slight problem with draining at first, but by reducing the length of the drain line so that it is
stretched just slightly taut all the way from the machine to the drain connection under the sink, it
now drains perfectly. Also, I used 1/4" I.D. silicone tubing instead of the 3/16" I.D. silicone tubing
that came with the machine.

s1267712
Equipment: ECM Giotto, Mazzer Mini

Postby s1267712 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 am

here is my home setup it is an ecm giotto classic that I breathed some new life into. The chrome on the sides was peeling, so I powder coated them black, I think it came out pretty sharp. I am still working out the bugs in my espresso making, but it is coming along nicely.