Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 130

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lolgun

#1291: Post by lolgun »

eyebrow stickers? Nothing I remember on mine. . . .

JmanEspresso

#1292: Post by JmanEspresso »

So, though I moved a couple months ago, I just recently was able to finish my setup the way I wanted it. I am MUCH happier with how this looks compared to my old setup, as I now have a nice dedicated spot to work instead of being crammed in a corner. One thing is still missing, my EPNW pitcher rinser. I need to pick up a JG "T" to install it. I chose to get the rinser because a bar sink wasn't going to work. That and the side flashing for the counter's edge. But, proper plumbing and 20amp service along with a mini fridge with ample freezer space for pitchers make my coffee space AWESOME. Once the rinser is hooked up, it will be complete :)

Ive also "upgraded" my grinder from the MXKR to the Major. I didn't really have any problems with the MXKR aside from grounds retention, but thats the breaks with any large conical. I recently sold it to a fellow coffeegeeker, and I was trying to decide between the Major and the K10. Eventually I decided to return to the large flat, for two reasons. First, the grounds retention and grind/shot quality on the Major are, IMO, what any home barista would love out of a grinder.. And two, I got a nice price on a brand 'spankin new model(literally, I picked it up the day after Chris got them off the container.)

So, here ya go:

Question, can anyone confirm if the smaller mazzer hopper will fit on the Major even though it has that new style "safety" collar? Thanks!

JonR10

#1293: Post by JonR10 »

Nice setup J-man!!
JmanEspresso wrote:Question, can anyone confirm if the smaller mazzer hopper will fit on the Major even though it has that new style "safety" collar? Thanks!

I will confirm that the smaller hopper(s) have a smaller neck and will not fit unmodified. I have the same collar setup on the Robur and I used some spongy tape to thicken the small hopper neck so it fits snugly. IIRC the tape I have is designed to be used to prevent throw rugs from slipping around, it's white and it has clean (no residue) adhesive on one side and it's think and spongy.
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

mariowar
Supporter ♡

#1294: Post by mariowar »

Hey Jon, your setup is almost as good looking as my DuettoII + Macap above :mrgreen:

We have to meet one of these days !

JmanEspresso

#1295: Post by JmanEspresso »

Jon,

Thanks man, I appreciate it! What Id like to do is splurge for one of those glass hoppers that Artazza offers, so, good to know in advance that Id need to do some light modifications. Thanks dude :)

gyro

#1296: Post by gyro »

JmanEspresso wrote:One thing is still missing, my EPNW pitcher rinser. I need to pick up a JG "T" to install it. I chose to get the rinser because a bar sink wasn't going to work.
Let us know how you get on with it, I'm in the same boat and considering getting one. Looks good.

Vincent Kluwe-Yorck

#1297: Post by Vincent Kluwe-Yorck »

I have to post a new pic of my 'working place' I'm afraid, for some minor changes have taken place. So I finally found the ultimate tree for one of my most loved cups for instance and I doserless-converted old Mazzer.

And the calendar hanging behind the tree displays one of my espresso photos.
Well, it displays more than one, to be honest, but only one at a time. :roll:

I'm just asking myself if I should let you know about my latest invention, rendering all espresso machinery completely useless:

(joke)

@ Orphan's: thanks Doug & Barb for that beautiful cup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48146833@N05/

beanmuncher

#1298: Post by beanmuncher »

Seeing all of these gorgeous setups is encouraging me to take a picture of my new one. That'll have to wait until this weekend - I'm just too busy this week to even think about it.

That said, an Andreja Premium and a Mazzer Mini are more than respectable as a setup for a graduate student, no? :P

leopm

#1299: Post by leopm »

I'll wait some weeks (maybe months) until I upgrade my current setup enough to have the courage to take a picture of it.

It's embarassing. It's like show up in a Supersports cars fan meeting with a New Beetle.

Juanjo

#1300: Post by Juanjo »

same setup for the longest time, and loving it..

cheers,
Juanjo