Plumbing in a Rocket Evoluzione v2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ryuemura

#1: Post by ryuemura »

I've been having a difficult time looking for the correct John Guest fitting from Rocket's supplied stainless steel line to the hose kit. I bought the 3/8" kit from Chris' Coffee so the tube OD is 3/8". Rocket's stainless steel line is a 1/8" BPT. I contacted John Guest and they do not manufacture nor do they stock the 1/8" BPT to 3/8" OD fitting anymore. I'm not sure what size the BPT is on the other side of the adapter from Rocket, it's slightly larger than a 3/8" NPT, a local plumber said it's about 14mm. I also tried to find a female 3/8" NPT to 3/8" OD but that won't work since it's a compression fitting. My question is, how did you guys plumb in your machines? I saw that Seattle Coffee Gear did a YouTube install of the Rocket Evoluzione and R58 but didn't mention the size of the fitting they used and the kit is not available yet. I'm going to a machinist to see if he can make a custom fitting, hopefully he's able to work some magic. Please tell me I'm way overthinking it, it's a long overdue project of mine.

kajer

#2: Post by kajer »

Granted I have a different "everything", but I found all of my parts at the local orange box store. I converted my plumbed machine to a tank. I am using 3/8" tubing from one end to the other. Now, I couldn't find the correct nuts or washers, but I had to improvise. I was able to use a 3/8 fitting directly in my pump, and then had to use a 3/8 brass coupler in the tank as a nut...

Creativity is sometimes required when it comes to specialty plumbing., don't be afraid to step through different fittings to match up two parts. Just try not to stack 10 couplers on top of each other... e.g. 1/8 up to 1/2" then back down to 3/8...

ryuemura (original poster)

#3: Post by ryuemura (original poster) »

I ended up finding a 1/8" BSPT to 1/4" OD on Amazon, and exchanged my 3/8" plumb-in kit for a 1/4" kit. Thanks for the input though!