Plumbing in Quickmill Anita

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rferoni

#1: Post by rferoni »

Ok all I would really like to plumb in the Anita. I know at least one HB member has done it. I have some questions regarding the parts I would need also need to know if I can do it the way I want to do it.

Anita is my first machine. The only surgery experience I have with her(or any espresso machine) is adjusting the OPV. I say this so anyone posting knows I'm a newbie to the guts of espresso machines.

I am figuring on getting the Andreja direct connect kit and the softener/filter kit also. I will be tapping my main lines myself using a 3/8" 1/4 turn valve(like your kitchen faucet probably has). I need to know what to do from there. I'm sure the AP kit is very user friendly I guess I'm just wondering about the order of things from the main valve to the espresso machine......which leads me to this..

Is it possible to go thru the BOTTOM of the Anita to plumb in? I don't mind if I have to drill holes in my counter top. I would rather drill holes in the bottom of Anita and in my counter top than have to drill holes in the sides/back/front of her. I would also like to put the OPV discharge tube thru the bottom and let it go right into the sink. As for the waste water I may buy the drain kit(I've been told I may have to raise Anita) or just DIY the drain somehow myself.

I have seen the thread on the member that plumbed his in but there are some things I'm not sure of as far as going thru the bottom of the machine. My thinking is can I somehow just put the inlet/discharge tubes that go to the reservoir thru the bottom of Anita, thru the counter top and make all connections underneath in the space I have available using the above mentioned products.

Am I crazy???

Ron

JmanEspresso

#2: Post by JmanEspresso »

There is a write up here, on how to plumb in a non-plumbable machine, using a float valve setup, which ChrisCoffee sells.

I think the Andreja kit is for using with Andreja, a machine thats meant to be plumbed in. IDK if itll work, plus, the float valve setup is much cheaper. almost half the price.. its in the "isomac Parts" section of Chris' Site. Really pretty simple.. and, in the write-up, you'll read that the poster had to drill a hole in the millenium. I THINK Anita has the room for this setup, as she has a couple inches on either side of the reservoir. in between the case. If not, its just a simple hole.. nothing major.

Quit Filling That Water Tank! is the write-up on setting up the Float valve.. this is how I will be plumbing in Anita once I move.

As for Draining, yes, you will need to raise her up. Home Depot has a plethora of feet which will work. They screw right in. The drain kit for the Vetrano will work fine, but thats 35 bucks. For about ten, you can do it yourself. A 'All-tube nut and sleeve insert", some o-rings, a pipe clamp and Xfeet of tubing will get it done. Drill a hole, and slide an O-ring on the sleeve, drop it in the whole. ON the other side, add another O-ring, then the tubing, secure it with a pipe clamp, run the tube to a reservoir, and voila!, Drained. OF course, there is a million ways you can rig it up. a trip to home depot and some creativity is all you need.

We have the same setup my man! Isnt it great!! And no, you're not crazy, because that would mean Im crazy, and well, THATS crazy! lol. Let me know how it goes, because Ill be doing it in a few months. Right now, Im running off of a much larger reservoir, which is 'almost' like being plumbed in. I just extended the tubing a bit, and ran it to a larger tank. only drawback is i need to keep some water in the reservoir so the low-water cutoff doesnt engage, because I wasnt gonna void my warranty by jerry-rigging some half-assed plumbing attempt and changing the electrical workings of the shut-off switch. I called CC, and I asked about warranty issues with Anita, in regards to draining her, cuz I need to drill a hole, but everything is fine there, so if you need to drill a hole for the float valve, you SHOULD be ok, but if your worried about, give em a call.

Good luck!

Advertisement
rferoni (original poster)

#3: Post by rferoni (original poster) »

Jman,

Yeah I thought about doing the float thing but would rather just have it direct plumbed with NO reservoir.

Is it possible to connect the filter/softener kit to the float set-up? Seems like it should hook up no problem.

Where is your reservoir located? I was thinking of doing this also and just extending the tubing as you mention. For my setup I was thinking of moving the reservoir underneath Anita but another member posted that this MAY not work due to the vibe pump capabilities. He said the pump MAY have issues with drawing water 'UP' if its too far of a run. This would be easy to test if I ever get around to it.

Can you get the tubing to extend to another reservoir at a lowe's/home depot? I remember looking one time but didn't see any silicone tubing at these places.

Maybe the reservoir outside of Anita and the float are good options. That accomplishes my goal of getting the reservoir OUT of Anita. I just don't like how hot that water gets in there. That plastic they use also leaves a funky taste even after only a day or two. A plus would be that I would be able to use the cup warmer without having to remove the cups everytime I make a shot.....

Ron

kwd

#4: Post by kwd »

As a new Anita owner who is already sick of filling the reservoir. Has anyone successfully plumbed/float valved their machine?