Plumbed in filter for Izzo Alex Duetto 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Tweek Tweak

#1: Post by Tweek Tweak »

As I wait for my Izzo, I am researching my options for water filtration for my new expensive machine. I am definitely getting two standard filter housings which accommodate a standard 10in cartridge. I looked at my water quality report from my county web site and they claim my unregulaed water hardness range is 24-115ppm with an average of 66.5ppm I have also confirmed this with a simple test strip. (Around 60ppm). Unregulated calcium is 17.4ppm and sodium 8.6ppm. Regulated at consumer's tap readings are this, traces of lead and copper. Other than these heavy metals, my water is clean, according to 2012 water quality report. So, with this in mind, what would you coffee loving gods suggest I use for filtration for my new Izzo Alex Duetto 2.

Tweek Tweak (original poster)

#2: Post by Tweek Tweak (original poster) »

I did find this filter. Would this work well with the Izzo?

Opti-pure 15,000 gallons
CTOS-10 252-20210 10" - *5-micron / activated carbon / 70 grams scale inhibitor

MDL

#3: Post by MDL »

I can't comment directly on your machine. However, in general if you plumb with 3/8" tubing you should be OK for most, if not all, home machines.

Regarding what cartridges to use you will want a carbon cartridge to remove organics and sediment. The other can be multiple choices but you should think about an ion exchange resin to soften the water.

Many folks (including myself) buy our materials from:

http://www.wateranywhere.com/

They have a very wide selection and prices are good (although shipping can be high on small orders).

Good luck...