Pasquini Livietta (Olympia Maximatic) rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
UltramaticOrange

#1: Post by UltramaticOrange »

Okay, finally getting around to doing a full rebuild on the ol'girl. Figured I'd start a thread on the rebuild process.

The only thing that was holding the tube that descends into the HX part of the boiler onto the brass block was scale :( . So, while I wait for a replacement to arrive, figured I'd dive into the FOT pump. It's a surprisingly easy thing to pull apart and reassemble, but I'm wondering if if any of these parts should get some Dow 111. Currently, the inside is completely void of lubrication.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

soonerspresso

#2: Post by soonerspresso »

Just curious ... where did you end up getting your seals/gaskets? I've been hoping to get the full set from Orphan Espresso, but, they have been out of stock for over a month now ...

Looking forward to the thread since I'm hoping to do mine once I can source a full set of seals/gaskets ...

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#3: Post by EspressoForge »

UltramaticOrange wrote:...but I'm wondering if if any of these parts should get some Dow 111. Currently, the inside is completely void of lubrication.
I think that any rubber seal or gasket would benefit from Dow 111.

Metal to metal is a bit different for sealing depending on material and thread type. Generally from what I've seen soft copper tubing with compression fittings shouldn't need anything as I believe the copper malforms enough to make a good seal. But a little high-temp loctite thread sealant (567) used sparingly towards the back of the threads would give extra security. Harder metals may or may not require sealant or PTFE tape. I've heard of some people using both tape and sealant, but I'd probably stick to one or the other.

UltramaticOrange (original poster)

#4: Post by UltramaticOrange (original poster) »

Whelp. I've tried the usual suspects and I can't get the valve guide assembly from the solenoid valve apart. I've tried the usual suspects (oil, heat, and a LOT of force) and I've managed to ruin one of my wrenches in the process. Anyone have a part source for the assembly or know which solenoid valves are compatible with the maximatic?

The valve assembly is an ODE and based on my research, looks like it's part of the 31A series.

forbeskm

#5: Post by forbeskm »

I am rebuilding a 93 Salvatore and I just took that sucker apart myself. Mine came apart with ease. I had a new one in the box of parts that came with the machine so I figured I would install it. The bag had the part number F-1363 on it. Is this the brew solenoid?

https://www.espressoparts.com/110v-50-6 ... d-complete

I'll add the my Savlatore looks like a maxi on the inside. I can measure that valve if needed.

#6: Post by UltramaticOrange (original poster) »

If you could post a picture of the brass connector, that'd be great. I suspect that the placement of the valve holes is pretty standard, but I'd like to visually confirm.

forbeskm

#7: Post by forbeskm »

Sure. I could send you the old body but it looks to have a sleeve in the main inlet. It moves and comes apart but needs o-rings.

forbeskm

#8: Post by forbeskm »

The old body.

#9: Post by UltramaticOrange (original poster) »

Thanks! Held up mine to yours until forced perspective gave them the same size and they lined up perfect. :D

forbeskm

#10: Post by forbeskm »

Glad it helped, small world that I just took the valve apart yesterday :)