Pasquini Livietta/Olympia Maximatic Driptray Dimensions

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
soonerspresso

#1: Post by soonerspresso »

Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a Pasquini Livietta (the old Olympia Maximatic rebadge). It is missing a few things, specifically, the drip tray and the drip tray grate (it is also missing the boiler cap, but, that can be sourced, I think). I was in touch with Barb at Orphan Espresso about replacements, but, they don't have them and I received the suggestion that these might be things that would be better made from scratch by me or a metal working shop.

I was wondering if someone who has one of these machines could post 1) photos (from a few angles) of the drip tray and grate (separately, so I can visualize what I'll need to mimic) and 2) the dimensions of the drip tray and the grate? I'm particularly interested in seeing where there might be "lips" on the tray/grate, again, so I can try to reproduce this.

Thanks so much!

flathead1

#2: Post by flathead1 »

Jack,

Over on the Buy/Sell forum Russel is parting out a old Livietta. The listing is about 2 months old so it may have closed but it shows he still has the drip tray and grate. If you want, send him a PM and see his price.

If that isn't what you want let me know and I'll try to post pics/dimensions.
A Lever and a place to stand ...

LMWDP #152

soonerspresso (original poster)

#3: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

Thanks! I just PMed him. Crossing my fingers! I'll be back on here if it turns out he can't help.

Cheers,

Jack

#4: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

flathead1 wrote:Jack,

Over on the Buy/Sell forum Russel is parting out a old Livietta. The listing is about 2 months old so it may have closed but it shows he still has the drip tray and grate. If you want, send him a PM and see his price.

If that isn't what you want let me know and I'll try to post pics/dimensions.
Looks like no luck with Russel. While waiting for a response I did some snooping for spare parts on eBay and ran across what looks like all of the parts that Russel had for sale - looks like I JUST missed out on the drip tray (bad luck with timing should be my middle name ...).

So, I'll repeat my original request to the HB community:

Can anyone provide me the dimensions (w l h, and any measurements on overhangs or lips/edges) and some photos of the drip tray and drip tray grate for the Pasquini Livietta 80/Olympia Maximatic so I can look into either something that will work as a substitute or having one made/making one myself?

Thanks!

spiffy

#5: Post by spiffy »

The stainless is 1mm thick

Tray:
The lips are 10.5mm in width and height
The outer dimensions of the tray are 165 x 128 x 21.5 not including lip

Grate:
162mm x 162, with bends at 21mm from edge.
The corners are broken 10.5mm in
pattern is 9mm squares spaced 3mm apart, with 1.5mm margin along the edges

cnworld

#6: Post by cnworld »

Another option if you did not want to make one is to purchase an Olympia Cremina drip tray used, which you are probably more likely to find. Both the Maximatic and Cremina have the same drip tray. If you contact Olympia Express you could probably buy a new one. There is no difference between the new machines and the old ones with regard to dimensions of the drip tray.

#7: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

spiffy wrote:The stainless is 1mm thick

Tray:
The lips are 10.5mm in width and height
The outer dimensions of the tray are 165 x 128 x 21.5 not including lip

Grate:
162mm x 162, with bends at 21mm from edge.
The corners are broken 10.5mm in
pattern is 9mm squares spaced 3mm apart, with 1.5mm margin along the edges
Ryan, THANK YOU so much for this level of detail!

#8: Post by soonerspresso (original poster) »

cnworld wrote:Another option if you did not want to make one is to purchase an Olympia Cremina drip tray used, which you are probably more likely to find. Both the Maximatic and Cremina have the same drip tray. If you contact Olympia Express you could probably buy a new one. There is no difference between the new machines and the old ones with regard to dimensions of the drip tray.
Hi Chad,

I checked with their website -- and, as I mentioned in the OP, I also checked with the folks at Orphan Espresso -- and nobody seems to have the drip tray in stock (or even listed on their websites). Barb, at OE, warned me that, if I DID find it, it would be crazy expensive -- but, I'd sure love to consider it as an option if I could find it somewhere.

Jack

cnworld

#9: Post by cnworld »

You could also call or email Johnny Cerini, the current Olympia Express dealer in the USA. Their website is www.cerinicoffee.com. OE stopped dealing with Olympia, so he would probably be able to help you out more with getting a new drip tray from Olympia Express. Hope this helps.

hockendougal

#10: Post by hockendougal »

If it would be helpful in some arrangement, I happen to have an extra black plastic drip tray for the maximatic/coffex/livietta. The grate is metal, and appears to be exactly the same as the one on the metal drip tray. Not as sexy, but somewhat more functional, since it doesn't get nearly as hot.