Pasquini Livia 90 Rebuild/Restore (another one) :)

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
diegop

#1: Post by diegop »

Hi guys,

I just got a pasquini livia 90 (the manual version), found it at a flea market in los angeles for 50 bucks and it looks like it's in pretty good shape.

I cleaned it from the outside today and ran a few descaling washes, the group seems to be working fine (needs a new shower for sure), the steam wand also seems to be working good (only a few drops of water at start), but the hot water wand doesn't do anything at all.

I was wondering if you guys could help me find out what the problem could be. I will take apart the two water sensor probes and clean them tomorrow (i was thinking maybe they are so full of limescale that it doesn't fill up enough to dispense hot water).

Also, i was wondering if there are any particular parts that are highly recommended to be replaced or any scheduled maintenance, i'm assuming the machine didn't get the right kind of maintenance and is pretty old.

Thank you very much!

Diego

Iskanda

#2: Post by Iskanda »

diegop wrote:the steam wand also seems to be working good (only a few drops of water at start), but the hot water wand doesn't do anything at all.
Diego
It means that you get stream but not hot water?

What happens if you open the water valve? Nothing? Steam?

diegop (original poster)

#3: Post by diegop (original poster) »

Hi Iskanda, thanks for your reply ! :)

The steam wand works perfectly, also i can hear the pump auto refilling afterwards.

The hot water dispenser doesn't do anything at all, no water, no steam. To be completely detailed it dropped one single drop of water once, that was it haha.

Any ideas?

Iskanda

#4: Post by Iskanda »

yes, the knop is brocken, and don't opens the valve. May be.

Iskanda

#5: Post by Iskanda »

May be this helps, even the quality is not good: