OPV Re-route to Tank from Driptray - Expobar Brewtus Vibe

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sdoxx

#1: Post by sdoxx »

Hi everybody,

I have been haunting this site for a year or so and have learned a ton from you all. Thank you!

Now I finally have my first real espresso machine! (So expect more questions and maybe even useful comments in the future.) I have the Leva double boiler (Brewtus) IV - vibration pump. I'm loving it.

Because I have the model that can switch between being plumbed in (water network) or using the reservoir/tank, the over pressure valve is routed to the drip tray. I'd rather route it back to the reservoir.

1. Can I just swap the silicone tubing that runs to the drip tray out for a longer tube and feed it directly into (over the top and down into) the reservoir?

2. Do I just grab both ends with pliers and pull to remove the silicone tubing from the three-way connector? Then push the new tubing on?

I'm referring to this type of 3-way connection (see image below.) Two of the sides have silicone tubing leading back to the pump. I want to remove the third (that leads to the drip tray) and put a longer one on to go to the reservoir. Can I just pull it off & push the new one on?

Thanks in advance!

Brett

(Image taken from: /downloads/ ... arts01.pdf)
Brett