Nuova Simonelli Program VIP 3 group rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Cody200

#1: Post by Cody200 »

Hey ya'll! I'm working on a Nuova Simonelli Program VIP 3 group rebuild, and I need some help with the wiring. i just don't know where to plug each of these wires into. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. I've attached a couple of pictures for clarification.

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

You can get pdf's of the electrical diagram and manuals, etc., for the Program VIP at http://www.nuovasimonelli.it/en/ns-download-en.html

(click on what you want, then, under "HISTORICAL COLLECTION," choose "Program" from the drop-down list, then click <cerca>)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Cody200 (original poster)

#3: Post by Cody200 (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice Craig. Nuova didn't have the correct wiring diagram for my machine, but my buddy and I figured it out. Now I have a whole new set of problems. When I get the machine on and running, there is no water being distributed to the front of the machine. The digital error that it gives me is a "flowmeter error". I know that the flowmeter was replaced in 2012, but I find it interesting that I'm getting no water whatsoever. Could it possibly be a solenoid problem??

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

Did you follow the weird water/boiler cold startup/fill procedure? It shouldn't make a difference, but one never knows ...

BTW, if you don't have it, the pdf of the manual (including weird procedure) is at: http://www.nuovadistribution.com/programVIP.html

I am afraid that I might not beyond that as my Program is a pre-VIP model and can be quite different (mine has no pre-infusion, and the weirdest HX ever, wiring bypassed, plumbing bypassed, vice grips to turn the power switch on, etc.).

#5: Post by Cody200 (original poster) »

Craig,

Thanks for the link, I have followed the boiler prefill procedure. I'm just getting water back flushed out of the top of the machine. Is it possible that I may have switch polarity when wiring the new power cord? I think that it's trying to pump water the opposite direction because I'm not getting any water out of the front groups. And it seems like the flowmeters aren't getting water either. That could be why it's kicking the flowmeter error. What do you think?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#6: Post by baldheadracing replying to Cody200 »

I think that either the pump works (not the motor, the pump), and then you can follow the water pressure to the blockage, or it doesn't. I am (now) guessing that you didn't test the pump and solenoids before filling the boiler? If so, then now is the time to test ...

#7: Post by Cody200 (original poster) »

How would you test the silenoids? If the pump is spinning can I assume that it's working?

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#8: Post by baldheadracing replying to Cody200 »

No, that just tells you the motor is working. As for testing, this is not unique to the NS Program:
Search Results?q=test+rotary+pump
Search Results?q=testing+solenoid

BTW, I am curious - why are you rebuilding this machine? Most of them have been scrapped long ago ...