Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000v acting up.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
stevehart7

#1: Post by stevehart7 »

I'm new to this forum. I see some people in this thread are familiar with the NV Mac2000v, one of which I am experiencing problems with. It was working perfectly until I put another piece of equipment on the same circuit that caused the breaker to trip. I popped the breaker back on a few times before removing the added piece. But now my NV won't work at all. When I press the on button all the LEDs light up (as they should) but then they start flashing (all at once), and a warning beep sounds. I can also hear a relay switch clicking on and off with every sequence of flashes and beeping. I can't tell if the relay is trying to do its job and can't (because of some other problem) or IS doing its job and sensing an issue, therefore shutting down immediately. I pulled the water lever sensor and manually filled the boiler to make sure that wasn't the problem. The resistance across the contacts of the heating element is about 10 ohms (which seems low to me, but I'm told is right on). The clicking relay seems to be on the main circuit board (110v power supply); it's a blue box about 1 cubic inch. That's as far as I could get on diagnosing the problem. Anyone have any suggestions? I priced a replacement power supply ($409.00), but don't want to spend that kind of dough on speculation. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Steve Hart

stevehart7 (original poster)

#2: Post by stevehart7 (original poster) »

allon wrote:I'd put this in a new thread.

First i'd make sure that the power to the machine is correct. If you are not comfortable working with potentially lethal voltages, HIRE A PRO.

I don't know this machine, but on general knowledge:

I suppose that if the machine is wired to a 240vac circuit, one leg may have a blown breaker while the other does not. This should never happen in a properly wired circuit with ganged breakers, but it never hurts to start at the beginning.

Then I'd make sure all he sensors are working properly - level sensor, flow meter, pressurestat/temp sensor. Then check all the solenoids for proper operation.

Once all the sensors/controls are verified, I'd start to suspect the controller.
Thanks, Allon. I started a new thread as you suggested. I should have specified that it's a 110v unit and that I have only a very, very basic schematic to work with. I don't know how to test any of the sensors you mentioned because of this. Hopefully someone else will have the info I need.

...split to new thread by moderator; sorry about accidentally deleting Allon's post from the other thread...

erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

Go here for a manual - http://www.nuovadistribution.com/older_models.html

I recall reading somewhere that blinking LED's indicated that the autofill function had timed out - but take that with a "grain of coffee" . :)
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

duke-one

#4: Post by duke-one »

Have you tested the voltage at the outlet or tried another device on that circuit? Could be a faulty breaker. Is there any sort of reset button or fuse for the electronics in the machine?
Duke

stevehart7 (original poster)

#5: Post by stevehart7 (original poster) »

The line voltage is fine, although it drops to just below 100v when I plug in the Mac. As for the manual download, I've done that, also the parts book. The blinking LED problem mentioned in the manual refers to when only one LED is flashing. No mention of warning beeps or all LEDs flashing at once. And the schematic doesn't even qualify as basic as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't even identify some of the components, and there is no voltage information for any of them. More of a flow chart than a schematic. Does anyone have access to an actual schematic or service manual for these machines?