Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000 V with Flojet and Accumulator

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jon.sauer

#1: Post by jon.sauer »

Hello,

I currently have a Nuova Simonelli Mac 2000 V Single Group machine that I plan on using at small local event on a cart. It is a plumbed in machine so I will need to get a flojet and accumulator to make the setup work. Can someone explain to me this process?

brianl

#2: Post by brianl »

Search is your friend

Search Results?q=flojet+and+accumulator&ie=ISO-8859-1&cof=FORID%3A9&cx=partner-pub-1874394195286019%3Aih80ev-qwtj&sa=Search

Advertisement
trumz

#3: Post by trumz »

I temporally set up my Appia outside 5 or 6 times and I have it sucking from a 20L water jug directly under the machine. I normally have it hooked up to water at home so all I had to do was adjust (raise) pump pressure and add a "foot valve". I also change the setting to have the pump fill the boiler rather then line pressure like at home.

I've encountered no problems when running like this.

jon.sauer (original poster)

#4: Post by jon.sauer (original poster) »

Anybody know of dangers with just going straight out of a water container?

Compass Coffee

#5: Post by Compass Coffee replying to jon.sauer »

The motors driving rotary pumps are very robust. Moderate duty likely would be ok. (though I personally wouldn't any commercial venture) Besides over heating motor long hard duty (I believe unlikely but don't hold me to it) another potential problem might be air getting in lines causing excessive pump cavitation. Not good for pump. Test at home and see! Including testing swapping water supply jug between production shots etc.
Mike McGinness

Compass Coffee

#6: Post by Compass Coffee »

Another potential gotcha some direct plumb machines use line pressure not pump to fill boiler. No line pressure (accumlator in remote setup case) no boiler fill. Why? So a boiler fill during a shot has almost no effect on the pressure to the shot.
Mike McGinness

jon.sauer (original poster)

#7: Post by jon.sauer (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to play it safe and get an accumulator. Better to spend a little bit of money and be safe than to ruin my pump.