Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II (not T3) Flush And Brewing Temperature

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
lohchoonhuah1991

#1: Post by lohchoonhuah1991 »

Hi,

As stated in the topic, I am currently using an Aurelia II with 2 grouphead, I have noticed that the brew temperature seems to get higher at times, and I have done some searching on the Internet, there are many comments about there is no need to do a long flush after putting the machine in idle for a long time to get the correct brew temperature. Any Aurelia II owner with such experience willing to share with me about the time of flushing before pulling a shot and is it true that flushing longer makes the brew temperature even higher in Aurelia II (high to the point that it is not suitable for extraction of espresso)? and even after putting the machine in idle mode for a while (like maybe 30 minutes to few hours), there is no need to flush until the hissing sound is over to get the correct brew temperature in Aurelia ii?

Thanks in advance to all those who are willing to share their experience with me! (Sorry im a newbie in the world of espresso :( *but IM WILLING TO LEARN HAHA*) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LukeFlynn

#2: Post by LukeFlynn »

The Aurelia II is a very high volume machine. It has flow restrictors in its massive grouphead.. so a flush shouldn't be crucial. Most people however do a short (1-3s) after the pull the PF out to clean the shower screen, which also could stabilize the temp.

lohchoonhuah1991 (original poster)

#3: Post by lohchoonhuah1991 (original poster) »

So does that mean regardless of how long the machine is idle, the temperature would be good for extraction ? Because from my experience after the machine was left idle, then when you try to flush, you will hear hissing sound from the group head and I suppose that's super heated water. Sorry as I have no scace thermo filter to test it myself :( .