Nice article on Pasquini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
apple2k

#1: Post by apple2k »

Marshall

#2: Post by Marshall »

That was a nice article. One thing they skipped over was the role of espresso shops in L.A.'s beatnik culture of the late 50's. 30 espresso shops opened here in 1958 alone. (http://articles.latimes.com/2006/oct/25 ... istory25/2)

But the contribution of the Pasquinis to L.A. coffee culture can't be overstated. I'm sure most of that bongo pounding and poetry was heard over the hiss and rumble of a Pasquini-imported espresso machine.
Marshall
Los Angeles

Advertisement
boar_d_laze

#3: Post by boar_d_laze »

Thanks for linking the article. One thing it didn't capture was how welcoming that shop is.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

the_trystero

#4: Post by the_trystero »

Great article. I bought my Livietta from a guy who used to work for Pasquini. He loves the place and buys and restores Liviettas because of his experience there. He says it's a great place to hang out and the article seems to confirm that.

And I wish the St Vincent's Court shop still existed, when I lived at 7th and Spring I would have gone there every day. I love that picture in the article.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

apple2k (original poster)

#5: Post by apple2k (original poster) »

yeah going into that shop is great, you go in and buy some beans and if Mr. Pasquini is there you sit down and have an espresso with him. For anyone living near LA the service for repairs, maintenance etc cannot be beat

boar_d_laze

#6: Post by boar_d_laze »

On good days, it's not just espresso but grappa too.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

ddn

#7: Post by ddn »

boar_d_laze wrote:On good days, it's not just espresso but grappa too.
As it would be back home. Fantastic.