New to site, need some direction.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CR7

#1: Post by CR7 »

Hello I am new to the forum and have some questions but would like to introduce myself. My name is Pete originally from Portugal, now living in Philadelphia. I visit my parents back in Portugal every other year so I know what good espresso tastes like :D :D .

Last year my first krups espresso machine was on its last leg and I was looking at the Silvia/Rocky combo but my parents Christmas present to me was a Saeco Aroma paired with a Baratza Maestro so although I didn't get exactly what I wanted it was a great gift from my parents which are on a fixed income.

3 days ago my Aroma decided not to pump anymore water I placed a call and looks like they will service it under warranty. But I have been sniffing around and most people (along with myself) do not like the ppf that comes with the Saeco. I searched for a mod to the ppf but couldn't find it so I wanted to know if there is a link to a thread or do I simply have to buy one from Saeco?

Thanks in advance for any help. BTW I usually buy my beans in one pound increments at Fante's in Philadelphia. I buy their house blend which has always worked very well for me, but if anyone here is in the Philadelphia area and has a better suggestion I will try anything once! Thanks again!

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I am just north of you in Bucks County. Get yourself over to Chestnut Hill Coffee. They do an excellent job and sell very good fresh beans.

http://chestnuthillcoffee.com/
Scott
LMWDP #248

zin1953

#3: Post by zin1953 »

Bom dia, Peter -- welcome to HB! I wish I could be of specific help, but living in California, I don't know the local roasters in PA. However, there are a number of excellent roasters online that will ship very freshly roasted coffee to your door. Many ship the very day it is roasted, and you get it within 2-5 days.

Among the favorites you'll see talked about again and again on HB, in alphabetical order, are: That's a dozen, and there are certainly more, but that might do for a start . . . :wink:

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

thefly

#4: Post by thefly »

CR7 wrote: 3 days ago my Aroma decided not to pump anymore water I placed a call and looks like they will service it under warranty. But I have been sniffing around and most people (along with myself) do not like the ppf that comes with the Saeco. I searched for a mod to the ppf but couldn't find it so I wanted to know if there is a link to a thread or do I simply have to buy one from Saeco?
Here is a link I dug up from coffeegeek discussing modifying the PFF.
https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espre ... nes/310564

Seems you must now change your signon to CR9... :)