New Quickmill Alexia owner priming question

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ggcadc

#1: Post by ggcadc »

I seem to have the same issue as the gentleman in this post:
New Quick Mill Alexia owner, I have a few questions.

the first issue he lists is that when he turns on the machine he hears water boiling rapidly. I also hear this, I have not waited for the loud noise afterwards, I just turn on the pump briefly and the noise goes away.

I'm wondering if this is still normal on the newest model Alexia, is there a fix for it or is it something i'll just have to do each time I turn on the machine?

WSH

#2: Post by WSH »

I don't have an Alexia but I do have a Bezzera Unica, another similar SBDU machine. I am assuming they both have a similar plumbing arrangement.

I think a lot of it depends on how long between sessions. A day or two, then probably not. A week or two, then probably yes. Have you tried opening the steam wand, then turning on the pump until you see water coming out? That should top off your tank and push any trapped air(vapor) out of the tank and lines before you start the heating process. At least that's what my manual calls for and it seems like a reasonable thing to do every time to ensure the boiler is topped off.

ggcadc (original poster)

#3: Post by ggcadc (original poster) »

I talked with a tech at Chriscoffee today, he said it may be sue to a leaking opv, I'll keep this updated with the findings