New La Spaziale "dream machine" from Chris' Coffee

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bob_McBob

#1: Post by Bob_McBob »

Chris' Coffee has been posting photos of a new "dream machine" from La Spaziale on their Facebook wall. It seems to have a large LCD, USB input, editable "brew profiles" (pressure profiling?), and other features. They will be revealing more about the new machine over the next week.

Chris

indend007

#2: Post by indend007 »

Moreover, it seems to work with touch. :)

Bob_McBob (original poster)

#3: Post by Bob_McBob (original poster) »

Chris

cannonfodder
Team HB

#4: Post by cannonfodder »

Looks like GS3's little brother.
Dave Stephens

PigSnack

#5: Post by PigSnack »

Ugh... I just bought the old style mini. Great machine, tho.

tamarian

#6: Post by tamarian »

The pics revealed too much, LOL. Single group of the S40?: http://www.spaziale.com/es-es/s40.html

Spitz.me

#7: Post by Spitz.me »

This machine looks like it could be killer. I wonder if it'll be in direct competition to the other La Spaz's or if they'll set it much higher in price as to not cannibalize those sales. What do merchants believe these days? Is pressure profiling a feature that adds about $1000 to the machines price?
LMWDP #670

TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

It will probably try to carve out a niche in the market as a more affordable GS3 type unit, with more modern technology. I'd be surprised to hear that the profiling is completely adjustable in a manual sense, it likely gives options of presets.

I really like the lights designed into La Spaz units. It would be great to see a similar concept incorporated into the E-61 grouphead design without being an eyesore or set up in a way that would be prone to breaking off.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

jonny

#9: Post by jonny »

still plastic :roll:

Bob_McBob (original poster)

#10: Post by Bob_McBob (original poster) »

The "USB" port is apparently a covered SD card reader for... something. No mention of pressure profiling or anything fancy like that.

One feature that caught my attention on the S40 product page is that the controller accounts for environmental temperature so the weather has no effect on brew temperature. Neat.
Chris