New La Marzocco Paddle Service Video

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

This is the first in a series of repair and maintenance videos for LM technicians. Frankly, it looked pretty daunting to me, since I don't have a work bench or most of the tools. For those who do:
Glad there are a lot of LM techs around L.A!
Marshall
Los Angeles

tekomino

#2: Post by tekomino »

Its not that hard. Might look daunting at first but once you've done it you breeze through it afterwards... No sweat!

No need for that specialty tool either which is about $90...

Marshall (original poster)

#3: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

My rule of thumb is that any instructions that begin with the word "simply" will take hours, several visits to the hardware store and involve a lot of swearing.
Marshall
Los Angeles

tekomino

#4: Post by tekomino »

Don't worry it is not really complex. :D

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

tekomino wrote:No need for that specialty tool either which is about $90...
Care to elaborate? Watching the video, seems like a long metric bolt, a nut, and a stack of washers would do the trick.
Dan Kehn

tekomino

#6: Post by tekomino »

I used needle-nose pliers with each nose wrapped into the electrical tape so there is no metal exposed. This provides protection and friction needed to pull center out. Then you insert closed pliers into the group, expanded them and pull up to get the rings and metal part out.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

Step one, cam out the Philips head screws while removing them. Step two, round out Allen wrench bolts because you had a set of standard not metric wrenches and were to cheap to purchase the proper tool, step three cut finger on sharps bits, step four, call service technician and make pot of coffee while applying iodine to cut fingers. :mrgreen:

I will stick with my E61'ish A3.
Dave Stephens