New Izzo Alex Duetto - found it stained when unboxing it. Why? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
hrbrun (original poster)

#11: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

I have talked to the shop where I bought the machine. I will let you all know what happens as soon as possible.

hrbrun (original poster)

#12: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

Qiuck response from Izzo - they have sent a used machine to me. "It has served a few coffee at an exhibition" they said. I will get a new machine in a few days.

Advertisement
JmanEspresso

#13: Post by JmanEspresso »

Far as the tube in the reservoir, my Duetto is the same.. just one.

hrbrun (original poster)

#14: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

Thanks!

The manual mentions two tubes, a typo that should be corrected by Izzo.

hrbrun (original poster)

#15: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

another_jim wrote:Most machines out of the box have a protective transparent film/tape over all the stainless steel surfaces, including the warmer and drip trays. The machine you received was opened after being boxed at the factory, the tape was removed, and the machine was used.

This is not "testing" unless you asked for it, and it was specified before you bought the machine. You have received a floor model, a returned machine, or something of this nature, and are probably entitled to a discount or replacement if EU laws are similar to the ones in the US.

On the other hand, about 10% to 15% of all espresso machines bought on-line are damaged during shipping. So if yours works properly, and it has no dings or dents, and has no signs of extended use; you may just want to clean it up and be happy. One alternative is negotiating, waiting few weeks for a replacement, and maybe finding out it is damaged. Personally, I would complain about the state of the machine, and "generously" accept some free parts or supplies as compensation.
Thanks Jim! Your post opened my eyes, and just a few hours later the problem has been acknowledged by Izzo and a new machine will be sent to me.

wstcstbob

#16: Post by wstcstbob replying to hrbrun »

That's good to hear you are getting a new machine, with what sounds like little hassle and good turn around time. :)

Augsburg57

#17: Post by Augsburg57 »

The machine was obviously used. The resolution begs the question. Will Izzo turn around and pawn the machine off on someone else now? It sure sounds fishy they sent it out as a new order to begin with.

Advertisement
hrbrun (original poster)

#18: Post by hrbrun (original poster) »

Valid question. The support person blamed the "production guys" but didn't give any details about what happened. If I had not been looking at all details and had not posted here I would probably have a used machine at home...

The definition/difference between refurbished and new can be discussed...