New Elektra T1 Programming Problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
go_vtec

#1: Post by go_vtec »

I've just bought a new Elektra Sixties T1 from 1st line, but having some problems with it. It arrived yesterday, but there were a couple of problems. First, it came with a small dent on left side panel (as if the tip of the boiler made a contact from the inside to the left side panel) to leave a dent, which stands out like a sore thumb on polished stainless steel side panel.

Second, I cannot get it to program. I can get to its programming menu by turning the key clockwise, but it doesn't show its current programmed values. For example, I can get to Time Setting menu (left most LED blinks and right four LEDs are on constantly), but when I hit enter button (middle key), I only see right four LEDs on constantly. I thought it suppose to show its current time so I can hit + or - key to step through 24 hours. Even +/- keys are pressed, right four LEDs are on constantly. I can hit enter to get out of Time Setting menu, but I cannot see current time through LEDs nor what time I am setting with +/- key. Same thing happens to sleep mode setting (I can get to the menu, but LEDs are not showing the start or end time settings). Should I believe that Italian electronics don't quite match what you read on the manual?

This is really frustrating since T1 has night cycle (sleep-mode) and it goes to sleep mode at random (in my perspective since I don't know what the setting for current time/sleep/wake-up times are).

Any T1 owners out there, is there a reset button for the programmer or am I missing something? I've contacted 1st line via email, but I haven't heard anything yet (I don't think they work over the weekend).

After spending significant resources to put 20amp circuit and water line, my WAF (wife approval factor) went down to nearly 0% with these hiccups. When machine is not on sleep mode, I was able to pull nearly decent shot and froth milk with it. Any help would be appreciated!

malling

#2: Post by malling »

The programming option you have on your machine is rather new. And unfortunately the problem you have is most likely Down to this, a thing Elektra do need to sort out.

The one group version is without the 5leds on the right hand side for the second group (you need the second group's led to see the programming) therefore you have to guess to set it up the Way you want to.

The 5 led on the first group are only showing what program you are programming. 1 led off 4 on indicate that you are in the Time programming mode.

Very annoying and I plan to write Elektra srl a letter one Day.

go_vtec (original poster)

#3: Post by go_vtec (original poster) »

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't sure if I needed a second group LEDs to let me know the status since the manual was kinda vague about it.

I had my kid watch the machine (I had to offer him a reward in a form of new XBOX/PS 3 game) until sleep mode kicked it (so I know current time = sleep time) and move current time + 8 hrs (2pm + 8 hrs = 10pm). All I need is to figure out the wake up time and manually shift it to my desired time (say 7am). If any one how to reset them to all midnight or noon, it will make my guess work less challenging. Now I owe my kid a PS 3 game for watching the machine :)

malling

#4: Post by malling »

Since the Deliziosa machine (Sixties T1) is provide with only one push-buttons, the leds of the second pushbuttons are located on the control box.
To see them, you have to remove the screw number 4 in order to take out the upper grill number 1 and the cup heater number 2
this is the reply I just received from Elektra. They are very quick at responding.

go_vtec (original poster)

#5: Post by go_vtec (original poster) »

Thanks for the info. When I removed the warming tray, I found 5 LEDs sitting on top of the control box. Now, I have a full control over its programming. :D