Need help with Breville 900XL repair

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
sabinsdad

#1: Post by sabinsdad »

Hey all,
New here and need some help.
I sent in my 900XL DB machine to Seattle Coffee Gear for repair, issue was a lack of water flow at the head, as in no water at all. They replaced a solenoid, descaled it, and some other misc. repairs, and sent it back.
Now the machine has the opposite problem, nonstop water flow at the head, pump runs constant, and will not build any pressure or temp.
Called and talked to a tech there, he had me check thermocouple connections on the grouphead, all seemed to be secure and soldered well.
Any ideas??

Beenbag

#2: Post by Beenbag »

Not working after repair ? ....send it back
Is it a warranty repair ?
Are they your nearest service center ?

Advertisement
sweaner

#3: Post by sweaner »

Did you try going through Breville? They have been good with support, often replacing machines that malfunction even after the warranty has expired.
Scott
LMWDP #248

sabinsdad (original poster)

#4: Post by sabinsdad (original poster) »

Hey all, been busy, and here's the latest.
Called the folks at the repair center, they had me check a few things with the water level probes, which checked out fine. Ended up sending it back to Seattle coffee gear for more repair.
Breville has been less than helpful over the last five months that I've had this machine, event to the point of being dishonest and misleading. I told them that I'd never own or recommend another breville item to anyone, not because the machine, but due to their actions with the machine.
They even told Seattle coffee gear to have me call in to the breville customer care center with some claim number and they'd send me a packing slip, which I'd then give to Seattle coffee, and breville would take my old machine and send me a refurb unit, which they then reneged on, and gave me the runaround for several days.
Seattle coffee is being cool about it, helping me out with the new repair, but don't know yet what's wrong with it, since I just sent it off Thursday.
As this is my first real (depending on who you aski, I suppose) espresso machine, I had hopes of it working better than this, but I guess you get what you pay for, huh?
Anyway, looking forward to getting it back, and have some green beans ordered from sweet Maria's, so gonna try some home roasting too. Not buying a breville roaster though!

sabinsdad (original poster)

#5: Post by sabinsdad (original poster) »

Well, found out the there was a cut wire from the repair. Guess it happened when they reinstalled the top cover or something. On it's way back to me, so we'll see how things go when it gets home.