Need help to adjust boiler pressure on ECM Giotto Classic

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
7Urban

#1: Post by 7Urban »

Hi all,

I want to reduce boiler pressure on my ECM Giotto Classic but I don't know where I make this adjustment. It's a plumbed version from the year 2000 and it doesn't quite look like other Giottos I've seen when I searched the forum.

Except for the vacuum breaker valve, boiler safety valve, water level probe and OPV I really don't know what all parts are called, or what they do...

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

I don't recognize that pressurestat (?), but How to adjust an espresso machine pressurestat has general advice that should help.
Dan Kehn

cuppajoe

#3: Post by cuppajoe »

The black and white box with the wires and attached to the copper tube is the pressurestat. Do you see any means of adjusting it? Look for a knob or slotted shaft, and possibly +/- indicators. Perhaps that red thing.

Is there manufacturer or model number on it?
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

7Urban (original poster)

#4: Post by 7Urban (original poster) »

Thanks! :D

I was able to turn the red thing with a very small screwdriver. I can't make out any + or - but I tried a quarter of a turn counter clockwise to see what'll happen.

I can't see any manufacturer. It says "1.1 Bar" on the side so I guess that's the preset.

kize

#5: Post by kize »

Some Pstats that haven't been messed with have a protective plug- that covers the adjustment screw. Make sure you are turning the adjustment screw and not just the plug covering it. :).

7Urban (original poster)

#6: Post by 7Urban (original poster) »

Pressure increased with around 0.1 Bar after adjusting so I guess clockwise is the way to go instead.

The thin layer of red plastic covering the screw came off when I started adjusting so obviously this part has never been touched.

Thank you for your replies.