MyPressi Twist Woes - US Operations Cease - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
w0fms

#21: Post by w0fms »

Thanks for sharing about the screws.. I'll have to look for them. Getting the proper C-ring plier down into the unit isn't that bad either, and I happened to have the tools to do that.

Believe it or not, my local Ace Hardware carries several different types of material in O-rings, and so does the local Harbor Freight store. So as long as something OTHER than the O-rings break, I suppose the MyPressi will last a little longer. It's sad though as I'd like it for "portable use" so now I'm not using it as much. I suppose I'll start saving for a real machine.

It does do nice shots, though, and I learned a LOT with it. I suppose I'm glad I bought one when I still could.

Fred

lubes17319

#22: Post by lubes17319 »

Major bummer!

I just found this out when I sent a note about my V2 trigger acting up, and received the, "..cease to exist.." reply. So sad when a company with such excellent CS drops off the screen. :cry:

Now we're wondering each morning if we'll be able to pull a shot or not. So far so good, but I can feel the end coming.

Randy G.

#23: Post by Randy G. »

The website is back up.
http://www.mypressi.com/index.php
Beyond that, I do not know.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

adelemac

#24: Post by adelemac »

Thanks for the heads up.

I clicked on the subscribe link and it worked. If I hear anything from it, I will post.

(I had ordered some Mypressi cartridges from GreenBeanery last week as they still had some in stock).

HB
Admin

#25: Post by HB »

Their homepage has this blurb:
Espressi, Inc. wrote:Please note that Espressi, Inc has very regrettably ceased sales and distribution in the US and is unable to offer further support at this time. We hope this is just a temporary issue and are actively looking for another solution. We thank you, our loyal customers, for your incredible support and enthusiasm over the past few years, and hope to resume our own support for the TWIST as quickly as possible.
The closing sentence offers some hope that they'll return to operations in the US. :)
Dan Kehn

jedovaty

#26: Post by jedovaty »

Oh, drat. It's a great product when it works, and I'm going to disagree with what was mentioned here earlier, I don't believe the Twist was aimed at a specific, niche market, but rather pretty much everyone. The price point has been low enough to compete with the cheapo-espresso machines, and the bundling of stuff allows just about anyone to make it (e.g. pressurized basket, and it doesn't work bad, either). If you don't know anything about espresso and try to drink a very bad shot, yeah, it'll be bad - however, even a bad shot actually tastes decent as an americano if you have good beans; and their website even promotes trying the americano before delving into the espresso.

I've finally learned how to use mine over the last several weeks, and actually enjoy espresso thanks to a double-pull of the trigger. Since the arrival of my replacement unit, I haven't had any flap leaks simply by thoroughly cleaning the unit and soaking the flap valve in citric acid overnight every few weeks.

Would it make sense for a more renowned member here to perhaps request a service manual or parts diagram or something for DIY repair incase their service doesn't come back on line? I have about 520 N2O chargers left :oops: I hope they do come back, for whatever reasons they've been off line, great product at the right price point.

jonathankt.seow

#27: Post by jonathankt.seow »

Just went on mypressi.com, it seems that they are back in business!!! And there also is a blog set up. So exciting! Time to buy N2O chargers...

HB
Admin

#28: Post by HB »

Follow-on discussion split to Mypressi is definitely back in business.
Dan Kehn