Mypressi TWIST with leak

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
arriflex

#1: Post by arriflex »

I have a Mypressi Twist purchased May of 2011 that seems to have some sort of valve gasket blowout. It's really hard to tell exactly what part of the valve is leaking, but it seems that I can feel the most nitrogen gas flowing near what appears to be a blown gasket/o-ring on the valve cap opposite the trigger as seen in the attached photo.

It looks relatively easy to replace if I can locate the proper gasket/o-ring. Does anybody know what that might be? Or would I be better off to try and get one of their valve replacement kits? I've submitting a support request to MyPressi with no response in over a week and figured someone here might have already been through this problem.

arri

arriflex (original poster)

#2: Post by arriflex (original poster) »

Unfortunately, I sent MyPressi support a request for more information about the seal in question back in November and didn't realize that they don't actually send an email response. It was a month later when I finally worked out the silly zendesk support registration system to see that they had responded two days after my request.

Unfortunate though because Ivy Pasqual didn't actually address my issue and suggested instead that I should replace the cartridge seal. I sent another image with the problem area more distinctly noted on December 16 and have since been checking the zendesk page (seriously, there has to be some system for email notification) occasionally for responses with none to date.

So, I'm back to Home-Barista where hopefully someone might know a little more about this seal such as a part number or dimensions. If not, I'm going to just go for broke and try and measure it up and replace it myself. For reference, I believe this is known as the pressure engine cap where the seal has blown out.

I see that MyPressi is readying for January 2014 shipments of new equipment based on their homepage. Hopefully things will start to wake up around there before long.

arri

santiagoluz

#3: Post by santiagoluz »

Arri, I'm having the same issue with Mypressi Support. Ivy replied the first time and then no more replies since Jan 4th. My unit has another problem, which is gas leaking during pulling the first shot. I can't tell from where it's leaking and I'm also looking forward for a reply from them. I've emailed their CEO hoping to get some help with the support... Please, tell us if you have any news about it.
Thanks

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

You might try a bit of Dow 111 silicon lube on the O-rings in the mean time.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

arriflex (original poster)

#5: Post by arriflex (original poster) »

I did hear back from Ivy again; however, the information provided was yet again very far off base. First they told me to follow directions to replace the o-ring around the gas cartridge. Then they described utilizing the smallest o-rings (3.5mm id) in the replacement bag to fix the problem which I didn't feel I could be any clearer about. I have since fully deconstructed the unit and pressure engine and found the cap seal that blew out on my unit was a 13mm id by 1.5mm cs o-ring. Unfortunately, one of the other o-rings I replaced while I was in there must not have been quite the correct size because while it worked the first time, the engine has since failed to pass any pressure through.

I have ordered proper o-rings for a full rebuild of the pressure engine and will report back when I have completed it along with some lube so that we can call have a reference for the o-ring sizes.

I'll try and take some pictures while in there for reference as well.

arri

CaptainCowpie

#6: Post by CaptainCowpie »

My v2 Mypressi Twist started leaking from the locking lid on top of the bowl back in September. I had emailed Mypressi but there was not a real solution except to purchase a new bowl or a new machine. I was waiting to see if a new model was coming from the company, but haven't heard of anything. Does anyone know if a new model is in the works?

Otherwise I believe I will order the new bowl as it has been too long without espresso.

Vince

Gary S.

#7: Post by Gary S. »

CaptainCowpie wrote:Otherwise I believe I will order the new bowl as it has been too long without espresso.
That's probably your best option for a quick solution. Waiting for a new model might leave you empty-handed.