Mypressi Twist V2 Problems - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Reezy (original poster)

#11: Post by Reezy (original poster) »

Just a design suggestion, but the fact the subscribe topic button is below the similar topic links is not intuitive at all. Thats where I would expect "CONTACT US" and things like that.. just a suggestion.

parkerto

#12: Post by parkerto »

Thanks Reezy.
I have mine coming soon for the bday from my wife. I will probably keep it and see how it works. Thanks for your feedback, I must say you probably have more patience than I, sometimes I wonder if it is too hard to ask that you just get what you pay for. The last machine I bought went bad and the reseller would not do anything to really help me; they just kept pointing the finger back at me. Hard to swallow, I would have liked the Mypressi guy to respond back, it would have given me a little more confidence. I guess when you keep getting taken advantage of it is hard to believe the next guy even though they have done nothing wrong to you personally. Anyway, I also agree with your design flaw and would add that before I learned about clicking the button on the bottom I also always saw it checked and assumed wrongly that I was always subscribed. I also notice sometimes that for whatever reason I do not get the actual subscription email when a new post comes. Not in my SPAM filter either, so maybe I am doing something wrong. anyways, thanks for your feedback.

mypressi

#13: Post by mypressi »

Reezy wrote:The customer service seems very good, and they almost always responded fairly quickly to my problems. The reason I made this post was because I had emailed them 2x and got no response over 2 weeks which was very weird. However when I made this post, I was contacted the same day saying that my email had went to their spam filter somehow (kind of weird?) Do they check this forum more than they check their inbox?
Hi Reezy,

Dan Kehn, H-B's owner, was kind enough to email me a link to your msg, hence the same day response. We're always making incremental improvements to the product in response to any user issues. It can take quite a few months for them to work through R&D, then into production and become actual stock, but we have just received the latest and they're working beautifully. Still, our work is never really done. That's one reason forums like this are so useful: they let us garner real-world feedback in almost real-time. Can't beat it! Thank you for your informative posts.

Best regards,
Stephen
CEO

parkerto

#14: Post by parkerto »

Thank you Reezy and thank you Stephen for your comments in this forum. I am picking up the Mypressi from the coffee shop I ordered it through tonight! I am excited to try it. Hopefully it works out great. Stephen, I have read a lot about the Mypressi, is the space that keeps the cartridge from charging right in the older model fixed? A lot of forums are saying that and the trigger have been the primary problems people encounter. I have noticed in the forums that the customer service has been spot on, although I hope I never have to use it I am encouraged by that. I am also thankful that these forums are used to upgrade the product so defects like the spacing of the cartridge and trigger problems are addressed and the product is improved. I thank you for your work and am looking forward to being a proud Mypressi consumer :lol:

mypressi

#15: Post by mypressi »

Hi Todd,

The cartridge issue was addressed when we released v2 last year and this year we've made a lot of other rolling improvements including in the trigger function.

I'm sure you will be more than happy with the result.

Best regards,
Stephen
CEO

parkerto

#16: Post by parkerto replying to mypressi »

Thank you Stephen, I do appreciate your information and think it is great that you as CEO are so engaged to your clientele. I spent all weekend trying different shot routines with Mypressi and now I have the Hario Mini Mill I also got for my birthday dialed in. This morning I had the best shot I have ever had, whether at home or even at places like Intelligentsia in Chicago using a new local roaster in Texas where I live now; it is a small, single batch roast of an Ethiopia Sidama and Mypressi really did this coffee bean justice :P

I hope the trigger problems do not happen with my unit, but I trust your company supports it's product based on everything I have read and the interactions I have had with you and fellow customers in this forum.

I do however want to ask for some direction on two issues: 1. Not so much direction, but confirmation. The first two cartridges I installed I burned through. There are not really instructions on how to install the cartridges. This may seem obvious so maybe that is why installation instructions are not included for the cartridges specifically, but I would argue that over the history of the cartridge issues with the product that installation instructions are necessary part of customer education since it is all about making proper contact with the cartridge so that pulling the trigger releases the gas. In short, the reason I bled the gas is because it did not go in correctly. I learned this morning that it works best taking out all the grouphead and then taking the handle, tilting it down and putting the cartridge in from the top. Before then I was installing from the side and the cap would not even turn all the way. Then I would have to unscrew the cap and since the cartridge had already made contact the gas started bleeding. This to be honest was an unfortunate waste of the first two cartridges, as I only got about 2 double shots out of each one. Proper instructions will avoid that for future users. 2. This one is an issue, forgive me if this has been covered in other forum messages, but I do not know where to look so I want to simply address it here. I pulled a shot for myself this morning and then a shot for my wife. The one for myself was sublime, literally the best I have had. Hers however was not good. I went through my routine and then clicked the trigger and found there was no gas left. Then I learned the new and better way of installing a cartridge as described above. It went in without any fuss so I was really happy. I squeezed the trigger and the shot looked watered down and there was a ton of crema spraying to the sides onto my scale, and all over the counter. It meant not much crema made it to the glass and the shot tasted watered down as well. This was a first. To be clear, I use a scale to weight the fluid ounces to see what each shot yields and I use the scale before the shots are pored to weigh out my grams so I can maintain the consistency of my espresso shots when it is at the level I want. I also had the Hario Mini Mill already dialed in and figured out at that point, so nothing presumably had changed to make this spraying problem happen other that for the first time having no problem with installing the cartridge that Mypressi included in the original packaging. Can you or someone in customer service, or someone who own a Mypressi help me out with this please?

All help is appreciated, I am very excited about the product and am just trying to work through the kinks. Lastly, what do you recommend in regard to CO2 versus N20 cartridges? What solution will be the most cost effective. Do results change? Does one get more than the other or cost less? Both are available on ebay, so I am not concerned about availability. I just want to make the best decision. How long a shelf life on each, could I buy 500 and just go through them? thanks:) todd

mypressi

#17: Post by mypressi »

I'm not familiar with the cartridge installation scenario you mention. We've always just popped them in and screwed down the cap. Orientation of the unit shouldn't matter in theory, so I wonder if any other visitors to this forum have experienced the same thing as you. If so, we'll definitely look into it. Sorry you wasted a couple of cartridges.

There's a possibility your second shot may not have worked so well simply because the coffee bed in the basket was disturbed while you inserted the new cartridge. This could allow for extreme channeling during the extraction resulting in the overflow you saw as it rushed through, and the lack of crema. That's about all I can think of unless there was an inadvertent setting change in the grinder. You can't beat a quality electric burr grinder for consistency.

Finally, there's no difference between the performance of the N2O or CO2 cartridges, but we usually recommend Bestwhip or our own brand as they come from the same source and the quality is always good. iSi chargers also work perfectly well and can be picked up over the counter from stores such as Williams Sonoma.

GeoffPDX

#18: Post by GeoffPDX »

I'm loving this thing. Easy to use and consistent, delicious espresso. The only issue I'm having is trying to get the o-ring out from the shower screen piece. I simply cannot get it to budge! Any tips? I tried the blunt side of a knife with no success

mypressi

#19: Post by mypressi »

Glad you're enjoying the TWIST! Try pushing through the back of the showerscreen holder, against the rubber valve, using a blunt object such as the handle of a small spoon, or the end of a chopstick, etc. There are 4 holes in the holder that will provide you with access, and you can then ease out the metal part which will release the o-ring. Another approach is to hold one of the two plastic tabs between your fingers and flick the other tab against a table or bench. Doing it a few times should ease out the screen and the o-ring.

dcupstateNY

#20: Post by dcupstateNY »

mypressi wrote:Try pushing through the back of the showerscreen holder
This is my preferred method ... do it all the time. Matter of fact, just finished an outstanding double, along with a few of my wife's home made chocolate walnut cookies ... deeelish :D
Ciao,
Dave

LMWDP: #346