Mypressi Twist - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sweaner (original poster)

#31: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

Can they be packed in the checked bags?
Scott
LMWDP #248

edwa

#32: Post by edwa »

timo888 wrote:Can CO2 cartridges be taken on planes? No. Missed the earlier post. Have to buy local.
But can they be shipped ahead of time? Besides finding a local source.

sweaner (original poster)

#33: Post by sweaner (original poster) »

Here is some interesting info on CO² cartridges: http://www.velonews.com/article/88874
Scott
LMWDP #248

hbuchtel

#34: Post by hbuchtel »

Wow, that thing is beautiful! I love the horizontal to vertical twist going to the handle.

Just for reference-> "Time to retire vibe and rotary pumps?"

Just curious, do y'all think it would be possible to 'steam' milk using air pressure and a heated milk pitcher?

Regards, Henry
LMWDP #53

Stanner

#35: Post by Stanner »

Well this is just damn cool. :)

fluffy

#36: Post by fluffy »

Alan Frew wrote: I don't know how many people remember the ill-fated Versalab espresso machine, but this could be the start of a whole new machine paradigm.
Alan
The biggest difference between the Mypressi and the Versalab - could it be this post?
mypressi wrote:Hey all, thank you for your very kind comments about the TWIST.
mypressi wrote:Anyway, if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

BTW: I'll be in Manhattan at Cafe Grumpy this coming Tuesday (224 W 20th) at 2.30pm. If you want to see the TWIST in action, please stop by.

--Stephen
:wink:

JonR10

#37: Post by JonR10 »

Stanner wrote:Well this is just damn cool. :)

I agree. For $129 it's worth a shot (pun intended) so I pre-ordered one myself.
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

espressoed

#38: Post by espressoed »

Sounds like we're only months away from a Mypressi vs. Handpresso Wild DomePod model shootout. (The new Handpresso should be coming to market any day now.) Yee haw! The only bad thing about these units being capable of repeatably good results is that espresso-quality hand grinders will be tougher to come by due to increased demand.
All the coffee in Ethiopia won't make me a morning person.

GB

#39: Post by GB »

I must also agree, the design is beautiful. The handle twist is an elegant solution for the trigger location. Using compressed gas to force the water through the coffee grounds is brilliant. And the multi - stage mini regulator must have required a lot of R&D. Congratulations Mypressi.

I cannot help wondering if the minds at Mypressi are working on a counter top version that has a thermostatically controlled open boiler and uses larger refillable gas "bottles" utilizing less expensive conventional regulators. Such a machine would have great temperature and pressure control and be capable of lots of shots. Also a more complex version could even have a varying pressure control for pre-infusion????

Geoffrey
Simply coffee

espressme

#40: Post by espressme »

I would think that the propellant may be other than CO2. My reasoning is that CO2 and hot water can make a coffee quite acidic. ( Outgassing of un-rested beans) There are other common propellants having the same form factor. I also hope that the propellants are not a proprietary item. I would like one of the wee beasties for my self!
-Richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,