Mypressi Replacement Shower-Head

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
permapressi

#1: Post by permapressi »

Mypressi users/devotees/lovers,

The Permapressi replacement shower-head for the Mypressi coffee machine is now available.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172416384544?ul_r ... mwBanner=1

For those who don't wish to use eBay, please contact us direct, and we can make an arrangement for you to deal direct with us - permapressi@hotmail.com.

For all owners of the Mypressi Twist portable coffee machine.

This sleek, nitrous oxide powered coffee machine is now, sadly, no longer made. Users will be aware that the polyurethane shower-head would develop micro-cracks and fail over time. With the manufacturer going out of production, replacement shower-heads have not been available, rendering this fine machine unusable.

Our group has now developed working proto-types of a replacement shower-head cast in silicone bronze, which, as well as being unbreakable, has excellent heat stability properties. We are in the process of finalising production and cost details. Please register interest by emailing us at permapressi@hotmail.com.

Photo of replacement silicon bronze shower-head. You will notice that some of the surfaces have a rough appearance. This is from the casting process. However all of the critical surfaces and tolerances have had additional machining, and are precise. We have no leaks under full pressure, and consistent fail-proof operation.

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

+1 good news for Mypressi lovers :D

Advertisement
gobears

#3: Post by gobears »

+1 Mypressi daily user here. I would be in. Any blogs our there with more materials on maintaining mypressi or squeezing the most out of it. Already read the posts here on HB.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by emradguy »

Though HB has a firm policy on cross-posting to other coffee forums, perhaps they'd make an exception for this topic?

I'm interested.
LMWDP #748

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

You're correct, cross posting and commercial posts are not allowed, but given the scarcity of parts to keep the Mypressi going, an exception is certainly warranted. :D
Dan Kehn

zorg

#6: Post by zorg »

OMG
Finally!

I am down to the last of my 5 replacement shower heads!

Mail sent.

permapressi (original poster)

#7: Post by permapressi (original poster) »

Hi All of the above,

Have registered your interest guys. Thanks! We hope to have some details finalised soon, and will get in touch. Those who have emailed on the other address, and we will post here too with updated info.

Cheers!

Advertisement

#8: Post by permapressi (original poster) »

Performance of the silicone bronze prototype has been excellent. Perfect sealing, no leaks, superb espresso!

#9: Post by permapressi (original poster) »

Photo of replacement silicon bronze shower-head. You will notice that some of the surfaces have a rough appearance. This is from the casting process. However all of the critical surfaces and tolerances have had additional machining, and are precise. We have no leaks under full pressure, and consistent fail-proof operation.

BeanRidin'

#10: Post by BeanRidin' »

Sent my email! My last ring has fractured also. I have tried gluing them back together with limited success. I hope this holds up well as the Twist is my only espresso maker and I rarely drink anything other than espresso. I will probably have to relearn my optimum preheating routine due to the different thermal mass. There is a new roster in the area that is producing great blends so I am playing with that variable anyway. I now hope my cap and water bowl hold up. The last one wore down to where it wouldn't hold pressure, even with some o-ring grease and thumb pressure on the cap corner. I wish I was aware earlier that Mypressi was going down. I would have bought up more parts. Instead, I was just enjoying Twist produced espresso that was better than almost all the coffee shops in my area pull! I am slowly saving up for a lever machine for when I can no longer keep the Twist going. :cry: Gone will be the days of an espresso kit fitting in the saddlebag of my motorcycle though.