Mypressi Twist Cartridges / Leak

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
rooster81

#1: Post by rooster81 »

Hi All!

TLDR; not all cartridges are the same length, some will cause slow leak.

I've noticed that my mypressi twist was slowly leaking. Basically I could bang out 2 or 3 shots over the course of a day. If I pulled one shot the cartridge would be empty by the next day. It was a refurbished unit, so I just figured I'd live with the fact that I'd usually only get two shots out of a cartridge.

Recently when I purchased more cartridges I had to go to a different store that carried a different brand than I was using before. When I replaced the cartridge I noticed it just felt like a smoother fit. I compared the new and old cartridges and sure enough, there was a very slight difference in length, maybe 1/32nd of an inch. However, it seems to have made a big difference, I see no more signs of slow leakage. Both brands were intended for whip cream canisters. SO, if you're having issues with slow leakage like me, it may be the cartridge not the twist.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

IIRC, the V2 of the Twist was supposed to accommodate different length cartridges.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
rooster81 (original poster)

#3: Post by rooster81 (original poster) »

I think I have the V1. I was just surprised at how small the difference is between the two cartridges, but it appears the new ones (ISI) are working great.

BuckleyT

#4: Post by BuckleyT »

This is a well-known occurrence. It has nothing to do with refurbished. If you buy a small roll of thick (foam) double-sided sticky tape, cut a square piece off of the end of the roll, leave the plastic film on one side and insert it sticky side first into the blind end of the cup that is the screw-on end of the handle, it will secure the cartridge in the machine, regardless of size. I used to put these squares on the butts of each cartridge until I wised up and did it this way. I did it when I first got the Mypressi and never had a leakage problem and I am using cartridges from a bulk buy on Ebay ($90 for 300 cartridges).
If you are someone else reading this for a leakage problem and this does not solve a slow leak problem, you can try replacing the o ring in the cartridge nose dock in the handle but, more likely, it is a blown gasket in the pressure engine. I fixed mine - it is easy if you own a phillips jewelers screwdriver. You can buy the few o rings on line.
Buck

rooster81 (original poster)

#5: Post by rooster81 (original poster) replying to BuckleyT »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out.