My quickmill anita doesnt brew

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
hous

#1: Post by hous »

Hi
I have an anita by quick mill for 2 years and I was very happy with it but it has stopped working.

my problem is that the pressure doesn't go up any more when I am trying to brew coffee it happened at once
The steam pressure, water temperature , and hot water coming out just fine.
when I am trying to "brew" with no coffee water are coming out from the portafilter.
I have tried to adjust the brew pressure with the 12 mm nut after removing the outer shell as explained but the pressure doesn't go up.
can you tell me please what might be the problem and try to help me which part is probably damage?
I did the cleaning stuff already...
thanks
Nir

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

What does the brew pressure gage read when you are simply flowing water from an empty portafilter? It should be around 3 to 4 bar.

What is the flow rate of that water in ml/minute? It should be around 450 ml/minute.

Install a blank portafilter basket and "brew" with that for 10-15 seconds. What does the pressure gage read?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

hous (original poster)

#3: Post by hous (original poster) »

Thanks for your help! the brew pressure gage is 1-2 bar when I am simply flowing water from an empty portafilter.

the flow rate is around 450 ml/minute as you said.

When Installing a blank portafilter basket and "brew" the pressure gage does not change and is still 2 bar.

All of that does not change when I am trying to change the pressure as explained in the Anita manual. And I notice that water are coming out from the "T" valve back to the water tank.

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Then I suspect your OPV has failed. With the machine cold, take it apart and post some pics.

A replacement insert (if that is what is bad) is about $5 here but over there ???
Skål,

Eric S.

hous (original poster)

#5: Post by hous (original poster) »

Thanks again
I have done it and as you said the insert looks BAD!
As there is no service for quick mill in israel any more
do you know were can I buy it online? I did see it at chris coffee service but it looks like they will charge me 50$ just for the delivery
or can I use any other OPV I can try and get here?
again thanks a lot for your help
Nir

erics
Supporter ★

#6: Post by erics »

Then think about what other maintenance items you should have and amortize the shipping costs:

Group gasket
E-61 group valves
Dow 111 lubricant
Shower screen
etc., etc.
Skål,

Eric S.

hous (original poster)

#7: Post by hous (original poster) »

will do that
my anita will be happy with a new blind portafilter...
thanks
nir :)