Low Water Alarm On When Tank 3/4 Full

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BigBlaze

#1: Post by BigBlaze »

My low water alarm is not working well on my Ascaso Duo Prof Tronic.
This machine is 7 months old. Since the first day, my low water alarm is going "on" when the water tank has water in it. This tank capacity is estimated at 2liters. On the first days I have notice the alarm was going "on" at about 1/3 of the tank, around 600 to 700ml.

Now it is getting worst, when the tank is full, the alarm is activate after just a few shots... It is fill at 3/4 capacity and I have to refill it again and again to stop the alarm!

Is there a way to fix this?
How does the machine know when it is low water, is it a switch or a sensor?

I would appreciate any help.

NOTE: it is not warranty, I bought directly from Ascaso.

DaveGrayson

#2: Post by DaveGrayson »

Some machines use a probe which senses the water by passing electrical current though it. If yours has this and if you are using distilled water the water may not conduct electricity so the machine may think its empty.

Anvan

#3: Post by Anvan »

These electrical water-sensing probes or circuits can also be very sensitive to oxidation on any contacts within the circuit. If the contacts aren't very clean (for example, spring-loaded contacts on a removable tank such as with the GS/3) it's possible to get false alarms or tank refill messages.

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

Like they said- clean the probe with a nylon scrubbing pad. And if you are using distilled or reverse osmosis water, that would be the problem.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

cannonfodder
Team HB

#5: Post by cannonfodder »

I have not used your machine but in addition to the electronic level sensor some machines use a pressure plate and switch for the water reservoir level. There is a spring loaded plate with a switch under it and as the water gets low the spring lifts the plate and disconnects the switch. On those machines you can adjust the switch so the pressure plate has to travel further before it breaks contact.
Dave Stephens