Looking for good resource to help replace failing pump

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kylen

#1: Post by kylen »

I believe my Quickmill Anita has a failing pump. Apologies in advance: I tried searching the forum for a relevant thread and did find one (Help! Quickmill Anita espresso machine pump failure), however, advice in that thread from member WWBeagle included the following:
WWBeagle wrote:I would not suggest doing it your self unless you have some basic mechanical ability. perhaps a technical friend can help you. Any local espresso tech can do it in 30 minutes. you do not need to send it away.
The pump goes from 9-10 bar to 6 bar shortly after pulling the lever. The rumble diminishes and becomes the "light hum" noise described by OP in the above link.

The problems I have are 1). I wouldn't say I am terribly mechanically inclined (perhaps not totally inept), 2). I am unable to find an espresso machine technician that services home machines. I am in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area of North Carolina (plenty of shops here). I have reached out to local shops to see if they know of anyone to no avail. My question for the board is: can you either point me to a good resource for replacing the pump or does anyone in my geographic region know of anyone who does this sort of work? Thank you all.
Kyle

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Well, if your want to make a road trip to Silver Spring, MD, I assure you that you will be educated as regards pump replacement.

Or, you can give me a call at 301-587-5033 and I will talk you through it.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

kylen (original poster)

#3: Post by kylen (original poster) »

Awesome, thanks so much! Don't be surprised to see a 616 area code come up on your caller ID in the next few weeks! :D

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn »

Sounds like my Oscar, I ordered an Ulka Pump from EPNW, removed the old one (four screws) and replace it.. on most machines it's super easy.