Leaking Rocket Giotto

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
bronsht

#1: Post by bronsht »

I've had a leaking problem for the last while on my Rocket Giotto Evo 2. When brewing, the exhaust system is leaking water at a high rate. At first is was drippping. Then it was dripping at a higher speed and now it is streaming out. It does not start during preinfusion but as soon as the coffee starts to pour into my cup, the drip starts. If I had to guess I'd say I am losing 6 to 8 ounces of clean water per full dosage. CC has been trying to diagnose this for me. So far I replaced the upper preinfusion brew valve, then the exhaust valve and cleaned the two spots on the ridge of the exhaust seat. I also purchased new lever valve and final exhaust valve (the little one that sits inside the small final seat which attaches to the bottom of the exhaust system) but I have not installed either one. None of the valves seemed to be damaged in any way and anyway I had replaced all of them once before towards the end of last year. I only make two espressos per day (well, one cappa and one espresso). I do not have access to video. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.