Leaking Expobar Brewtus IV

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
ryanwoodward

#1: Post by ryanwoodward »

WLL was closed for the evening, so I'll throw this out to see if anyone has any ideas.

New Expobar Brewtus and I noticed after pulling the first few shots that that I was getting water under the machine. Opened it up tonight, pulled a shot and found the cause of the leak. There is a leak at the kinked piece of tubing (see pictures). Any suggestions on how to unkink the tubing so it won't leak?

Thanks,
Ryan

Gus

#2: Post by Gus »

If it is leaking at the kink the hose has a hole in it and there is little you can do other that replacing that length of hose. It looks like it needs to be routed to the other side of the other hose so as not to kink. This would probably require a longer piece of hose.

I have a Brewtus with a tank fed vibe pump. Not sure if yours is. If it is and it were me and I wanted it fixed right away I would cut a length off of the end of the return line (if there is enough) replace the kinked hose, and keep on trukin' Or there is always wait and call WLL in the morning.

Good luck. Operate at your own risk yada yada yada.
Gus

Insert catchy phrase of choice here

sweaner

#3: Post by sweaner »

Why in the world would they route hoses that way? Makes no sense! :roll:
Scott
LMWDP #248

ryanwoodward (original poster)

#4: Post by ryanwoodward (original poster) »

Thanks for the replies. Took both pieces of tubing off and reconfigured them so there was no kinking. Did a few back flushes and no leaking.

Gus...the kink was not letting water flow, causing the leak around the tubing/barb interface.

Sweaner....you are right, horrible design. The two fittings should not be in the same plane.

It was a colossal PITA to get the tubing back on the barbs. Took over an hour and a half. I am not happy considering the $$$$ I dropped on this machine.

Regards,
Ryan