Laranzato pump noise

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
slomo

#1: Post by slomo »

Laranzato single group Club ME. Working fine except the pump now makes a noise - sounds almost like a screech/squeal but not as intense. I have not pulled the pump apart but was wondering if perhaps the pump motors are rebuild-able? I believe it's the motor as I can grip the motor and it somewhat mutes the sound. Still seems to operate fine but I know that's not a normal noise so I don't want to cause further issue.

Any immediate "check this" opinions before I tear down?

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

I think that is a rotary pump? Do you have it plumbed in? What size water line did you use and what is your input pressure on the mains? Sounds like it may be starving for water flow but it could be a lot of other things as well.
Dave Stephens

erics
Supporter ★

#3: Post by erics »

I have not pulled the pump apart . . .
Nor do you want to as pump rebuild kits are unobtainium. What you do want to do is simply disconnect the pump from the motor and see what it sounds like.

You can also take a look here for any info: Laranzato/Promac Club ME/Rancilio S27 Rebuild Help!?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

slomo (original poster)

#4: Post by slomo (original poster) »

The same thought hit me also - The unit is plumbed in (I had my plumbers run a connection in the wall) and I am using a Shark filter with 3/8 stainless lines. The one thing i did not test is outlet pressure from my filter from my line, it originally was 42-45 psi. I did take the outlet line from the filter and was able to fill a gallon jug quickly. Not a scientific test I know but a quick visual test to conform my filter/lines are not scaled over and restricting.

slomo (original poster)

#5: Post by slomo (original poster) »

that is so simple it's brilliant and my next troubleshooting step. Thanks for the link, I have read that thread before and will reread it again because I obviously missed some important points!