La Spaziale Vivaldi gauge replacement

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Chura

#1: Post by Chura »

Hi,

So long story short, I got brand new Vivaldi, however it was "V1" manufactured on October 2014.
After investigation and contact with La Spaz I found that the only real difference is the gauge (SSR, Pump, system, everything is the same, verified)

La Spaziale sent me this :

I've removed the round gauge and something doesn't add up. The pipe from steam boiler is too long.
Can someone with S1V2 remove the front panel (2 screws) and take picture of the gauge pipes way in the machine ?

Thanks!

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

I would if I could BUT, the majority of that capillary tubing remains coiled. Its function is to dampen out pressure fluctuations (not so much with the steam boiler) AND provide for a larger surface area to dissipate the heat of the fluid in the tubing.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Chura (original poster)

#3: Post by Chura (original poster) »

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.
My main problem is different now.

I've remove the single manometer, and had to bend the steam pipe becuase the dual manometere is deeper and more to the right.
If I attach the manometer to the chassis with the screw provided, it wont reach the front panel, it have 1 cm difference.

so picture of the manometer placement will be so great, because i'm probably missing something.

HBfencing

#4: Post by HBfencing »

You might want to consider going to s1cafe.com since the site is dedicated to the la spaziale vivaldi mini vivaldi and dream models.

I had an s1v1 without the dual manometer and older temp display and la spaziale replaced the temp display panel. A brew pressure gauge was added on top.

You may also consider calling chris coffee. They are great and the tech there took time to answer questions even though I didn't buy the machine from them.

Chura (original poster)

#5: Post by Chura (original poster) »

Chris is very helpful always, but this time I need the community help with pictures.
Chas at s1cafe is amazing person, however he doesn't have s1v2 anymore and the Dream is different.

Thats why I've came here to bigger community to find help :0)

Chura (original poster)

#6: Post by Chura (original poster) »

Quick bump.

I got all the parts for change the manometer to dual one.
The T where I should connect my brew pressure manometer is a 1/2" while the manometer fitting is 1/4".
La Spaz sent me adapter between this sizes however even that its tighten very good it still leaks.
I guess Teflon would work here, but i'm not sure I have teflon anywhere in the machine.

Can I use teflon there ? (should I ?)

Thanks!

erics
Supporter ★

#7: Post by erics »

2 or 3 wraps of Teflon tape where the male fitting screws into the tee should suffice. Skip the first 2 threads of the male fitting.

You do not need any sealer on all of the other fittings.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Chura (original poster)

#8: Post by Chura (original poster) »

So, All is done. Manometer fitted in, no leakage with use of Teflon.
but now, I wonder, During the Pre-infusion (3 sec), the pressure drops to almost nothing.
The line pressure was 4.5bar, So i've installed a regulator and set it to 1.8 bar. (Sorry for the low quality video, taken at 3am :twisted: )
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwNr2T5HmE[/youtube]