La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II steam wand will not shut off

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tumbler

#1: Post by tumbler »

I just purchased the mini. I am having problems with the steam wand. This starts at about 94 degrees. If I put a bit of downward pressure on the handle the steam goes off. If I let up, the wand continual runs with steam. It will not shut off without that downward pressure. Anybody had this issue?

bean2friends

#2: Post by bean2friends »

Your question is hard to understand. If I understand you correctly, when you say 94 degrees, you are referring to 94 centigrade, which is the setting for the brew boiler. This would have nothing to do with the steam boiler from which you get the steam for the wand. The lever for the steam wand on the mini operates a simple on/off valve as I understand it. In the down position it is off. If you are saying that as the steam boiler builds pressure, the steam wand begins to leak steam while the lever is in the off position then obviously the valve is not closing. Have you checked to see that there is no obstruction? If this is a new machine, you should call the vendor. I also recommend that you check out the S1cafe site for Vivaldi owners. If anyone has had this problem, you're apt to find out there pretty quickly.

tumbler (original poster)

#3: Post by tumbler (original poster) »

My question is difficult to understand, because I don't really understand the system. You are correct - the 94 degrees was a random occurance that has nothing to do with the steam wand. That is the temperature for the brew broiler. It just so happened that about the time the brew broiler got the group head to reach 94; the steam wand started spraying steam. I could pull down on the steam wand control lever and stop the steam, but as soon as I let up - it begins again. The lever is not closing and I can not see an obstruction. It is a new and CC is closed till Monday, so I can not reach the vendor until then. I have just shut off the steam boiler for now. I sat it up last night and thought I would be pulling great shots this morning. Not Happening. I have a vario express, and was two notches down on the right side (espresso) and in the middle range of micro adjustment on the left side and I wasn't getting water to pass through the coffee. I had to move another notch down on the right side and near the bottom of the micro adjustment on the left side to get the water into my cup. I am tamping ever so lightly. Bar pressure is just a tad under 9. This is a bit frustrating.

okmed

#4: Post by okmed »

If you email Chris with your phone number & explain your problem I am sure he will have his tech that is on-call phone you and do his best to help you sort out the problem. Their service is the best.

bean2friends

#5: Post by bean2friends »

In addition to trying to contact Chris, I encourage you again to try the S1cafe.com site. There's even a category there titled Vario and Vivaldi, so I think you'll find considerable help there for your combination of equipment. Lots of folks seem very happy with the combination you have.

chriscoffee
Sponsor

#6: Post by chriscoffee »

I had my tech try to call you a few minutes ago. He just called me back to tell me he got voice mail.
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

chriscoffee
Sponsor

#7: Post by chriscoffee »

By the way it is a simple fix he left you instructions on your voice mail.
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

MDL

#8: Post by MDL »

This is another example of why Vivaldi (and other owners) are so loyal and happy with purchases from Chris. They not only stand behind the equipment that they sell but they monitor web traffic and provide feedback/service at what seems to be all hours of every day.

Thanks to Chris for his efforts.

I also encourage you to check out the S1 site. It is of tremendous value and will help you with your Vivaldi.

Enjoy,
Mark

tumbler (original poster)

#9: Post by tumbler (original poster) »

chris wrote:I had my tech try to call you a few minutes ago. He just called me back to tell me he got voice mail.
He must have called work. I didn't get the voice mail. I will send a note to you through your website and leave the
cell number in case you don't have it. Thanks so much for the effort! This is the reason I chose CC. Customer support. I did pick you guys first and the espresso maker second...

bean2friends

#10: Post by bean2friends »

tumbler,
I'm anxious to find out how this worked out for you. Let us know when you solve the problem.
Thanks.