La Pavoni PubAutomatic will not shut off

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shereed

#1: Post by shereed »

I have a Pavoni PubAutomatic, about 7 yeas old. I can not find ANYONE that will service it any longer. I have requested service manuals from La Pavoni, the only thing I get is a part manual in Italian. I have spent hours surfing and can not find anything on this model. Please help! This is what is happening: The machine started pressuring down, where I would have to switch it on and off to pressure up again. One morning it just would not pressure up at all. We took apart the cellanoid valve, it works fine, discovered it was a fuse. Easy...Replaced the fuse, pressures up great BUT.... when it reaches temperature it will not shut off. The pressure stat works fine. Did I loosen a wire when playing around inside? I rechecked all connections, rechecked the fuse, the cellanoid, the pressure stat. It fills fine, produces water and steam, but I have to shut it off after each shot for fear of something else going wrong. I can not find a wire diagram or anything for that matter. What tells this function to stop? Is it a wire connection, electronic or something else?
Any and all help, suggestions, diagrams..etc. Would be appreciated. It is not in my budget to replace this machine. Thank you,

stefano65
Sponsor

#2: Post by stefano65 »

Sound like you are having pressurestat issues,
is your model with the full size sirai and also the big contactor in the back?
I have some info on them, I use to work for the importer some years ago
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

shereed (original poster)

#3: Post by shereed (original poster) »

Sorry, I do not know what a sirai or contactor is. The pressure stat was checked and is working like it should.

ga80486

#4: Post by ga80486 »

Sirai is a brand of pressurestat. There should be wires going from the boiler heating element to the pressurestat. When pressure gets up, the pressurestat kicks in and opens a set of contacts which removes power from the heating element. Apparently that isn't happening. Can you post a picture of the inside of your machine? I'll compare it to my PUB V1 manual.

#5: Post by shereed (original poster) »

The contacts in the pressurestat are opening and closing. The tank is not overfilling, nor is it continuing to heat once it reaches temp. This has been confirmed.What we cant figure out is why it wont stop running when it reaches temperature. I hope these pictures help with identifying the unit.
Thank you,

Jeepin' Geo

#6: Post by Jeepin' Geo »

shereed wrote:The contacts in the pressurestat are opening and closing. The tank is not overfilling, nor is it continuing to heat once it reaches temp. This has been confirmed.What we cant figure out is why it wont stop running when it reaches temperature. I hope these pictures help with identifying the unit.
Thank you,
<image><image><image>
Can you specify what you mean by 'running'? If it's not overfilling (pump stays ON) nor continuing to heat (heater stays ON), what is 'running'?

George

#7: Post by shereed (original poster) »

Hi George,

The water fill motor is not shutting off, but it is not continuing to fill.

The Solenoid valve was taken apart, before it was discovered it was only a fuse. Is it possible they didnt put it back together right? Would that cause it. The service tech I have working on it has never worked on these machines...but I was left with no options. We have followed all the connections, but can not determine what tell the fill motor to shut off. The pressure stat contacts are opening and closing.

I can not find parts for this machine in Canada, La Pavoni service centres no longer service La Pavoni. Fun fun fun
Thank you,