La Pavoni P67 rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
craigcharity

#1: Post by craigcharity »

Hi there guys

This is way over due but I thought I would share some of the photos of my La Pavoni P67 rebuild.
Let me take you to the beginnings:

I got it from our local Junk Mail website, I usually search these for ; espresso, coffee machine, coffee grinder etc but sometimes I type in 'espresso' just to see what comes up and this time I hit some luck. I bought it for R750 which is now about 90 or so USD.

Here are some of the strip down, I didnt have anyone to help me carry it to my back porch so I did this on my driveway and front porch:)

Here is some of the scale from the boiler- O forgot to tell you, the guy I bought it from said it was working:)

craigcharity (original poster)

#2: Post by craigcharity (original poster) »

I had the frame sand blasted and coated in an epoxy, I didnt know it would be blue, I sprayed it black later.

I had some new springs made, I calculated the force I needed and had a local company make them. I searched high and low but couldnt find them, I later found out that it was a standard size spring that the new LP use as well as astoria etc.

here is what they looked like after being yellow passified. I found out that they began to get some surface rust so I took them to a mate who does electro-plating.

He also soaked all the copper and brass parts in some solution and then in a brightening solution to retain their shine, worked like a flipping bomb, shows you what pro's can do:)

#3: Post by craigcharity (original poster) »

Here are some of the pics of the re-assembly:

I chose to re-pipe the machine since the other copper pipes looked terrible, I had to get some brass fittings to do so.

I have to go now, I will upload some more tomorrow.

Cheers for now, hope you are enjoying the photos.

RayJohns

#4: Post by RayJohns »

Beautiful work!

Ray

JY

#5: Post by JY »

Nice!

-Jim

Chert

#6: Post by Chert »

Looking forward to seeing more!
LMWDP #198

allon

#7: Post by allon »

Beautiful!
Any thoughts to adding a vacuum breaker?
Also, are this piston seals on correctly?
LMWDP #331

#8: Post by craigcharity (original poster) »

Hi Again

I did add a vacuum breaker in the end, and yes the seals were on wrong:) I re-fitted them after I took the photo.

#9: Post by craigcharity (original poster) »

Here is my first shot

I hadn't even fitted the drip tray as there was no place for it to drain in so I put a container under the group so I could pull a shot. It was the best shot of 'Nonmara'( the blend that I use for my mobile coffee bar business) that I have ever tasted.

Here are some of my shots once I had dialed my grinder in and set my pressure stat:

napierzaza

#10: Post by napierzaza »

Lever machines are amazingly simple. Very nice.