I recently bought a La Pavoni P3 V1 Pub model automatic espresso machine. I am completely new to espresso machines and need a lot of help with some troubleshooting. I have the machine hooked up to a water line. The machine has a manual fill button for the boiler and the tank fills well and the boiler heats up. I am getting steam out of the steam knob. Here are my problems:
1. When I push the button for a shot, no water comes out. I hear the pump click on to a soft hum, but nothing happens after that.
2. There is no water coming out of the water knob.
1. Does the pump need to be replaced?
2. Besides a thorough cleaning and seal and gasket replacement, what else needs to be fixed on a machine that is about 15 years old?
3. Is it worth it to fix it up for home use, or should I just go ahead and get a new and smaller home machine?
4. How much does a restoration cost?
History: 15 year old machine purchased at a restaurant auction. Sat around for about 3 years before I got my hands on it.
Thanks so much for your guy's help!