La Pavoni Europiccola - Double White Switch/Double Black Switch?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MRC

#1: Post by MRC »

I'm in the middle of tearing down my La Pavoni Europiccola (1980 version), and before tear down, the red switch would not light up on the "On" position (nor would the element heat up).

I have tested the continuity in the element which checks out ok (15 ohms high, 72 ohms low) and no shorts from the element to the base.

Regarding the switch...if I do need a replacement switch, I cannot find the white double switch, only the black double switch. Does the wiring change if changing the switch from white to black? according the partsguru.com, when using the black switch, the wiring is reversed, and I'm not certain what that actually means. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My wiring is identical to this:

http://partsguru.com/user/Double%20swit ... e%202).JPG

Thank you!

dbacks

#2: Post by dbacks »

MRC wrote:Regarding the switch...if I do need a replacement switch, I cannot find the white double switch, only the black double switch. Does the wiring change if changing the switch from white to black? according the partsguru.com, when using the black switch, the wiring is reversed, and I'm not certain what that actually means. Does anyone have any experience with this?
MRC, I assume you've found the answer since posting this, as many months have gone by. If not, send a reply and I'll do some digging for the answer. I have a pre-millenium Europiccola. My white double switch failed some time ago, and I had to replace it with the black double switch. The wiring is definitely different between the two.
Dave