La Marzocco Strada Mini coming... - Page 24

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
shawndo

#231: Post by shawndo »

There was a link posted to a facebook account a while ago, but here is one directly to the post with internal photos. It was one that shows a reservoir:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2211647590

It is not exactly small:

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Compass Coffee

#232: Post by Compass Coffee »

shawndo wrote:<image>
Indeed not what I'd call Mini! Good looking machine though that quite dwarfs a GS3. Being a single group narrower than 2 or 3 group Strada of course but doesn't look like much else reduced in size/footprint.
Mike McGinness

michael

#233: Post by michael »

It's too deep, 26 1/2 inches, to fit on most kitchen countertops, sort of tall as well, no

I'm finally thinking slayer 8)

AssafL

#234: Post by AssafL »

russel wrote:Without any special insight into the it's design history, I've always suspected that accommodating the water tank is what led to amost of my least favorite design details on the GS3...easily deformed from leg/armatures and a brain box placement unusually vulnerable to internal water leaks. I love me some FloJet and would never consider running a commercial coffee service of any type off of the GS3's tank. I can only hope that the inclusion of a tank doesn't lead to any design compromises related to commercial use.
No. no. no. hope not... I hope it is not underwater... That would be an expensive fix...

The Strada has two boards - a controller board and a motor board. The additional motor control boar is about a k$.... Together I think it is about $1500 for water damage.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

CoffeeBar

#235: Post by CoffeeBar »

shawndo wrote:
It is not exactly small:
Not too big though. I have the space for this single group machine, but I'm definitely don't have that kind of money to buy one :wink:

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#236: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

JohnB. wrote:Nasi at Coffee Shop Solutions in N.C. got back to me. $9500 delivered in the U.S. He has 2 Speedsters on hand if anyone is looking. Future orders will be priced on the level of customization which is a recent option.
$9500 delivered and in stock now, much more reasonable than I imagined.
LMWDP #371

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#237: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Compass Coffee wrote:Indeed not what I'd call Mini! Good looking machine though that quite dwarfs a GS3. Being a single group narrower than 2 or 3 group Strada of course but doesn't look like much else reduced in size/footprint.
Good point, this points out the amount of thought that went into the GS3 (pour over, 110V, drip tray) it really ticks a lot of boxes for many uses. I used a GS3 at a organic food festival, on a farm. I had the GS3 on cart in a tomato patch in the outskirts of Hong Kong and was cranking out drinks all day long. Milk in an ice chest and a loooong extension cord to power it (all 220 here so that part is easier). It performed perfectly, and at the end of the day I picked it up by myself and put in a van to go back home.

I think I would still go with a Shot Brewer and a standalone milk steamer (WPM makes a great one, steams really well) just due how compact the solution would be, that Strada one group is BIG.
LMWDP #371

shawndo

#238: Post by shawndo »

Bak Ta Lo wrote: I think I would still go with a Shot Brewer and a standalone milk steamer (WPM makes a great one, steams really well) just due how compact the solution would be, that Strada one group is BIG.
An old lever machine with a steam wand is also an option for this.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#239: Post by Bak Ta Lo replying to shawndo »

That is a great idea, my Cremina steams like a champion, and if no shots are needed you could crank up the boiler pressure.
LMWDP #371

pcrussell50

#240: Post by pcrussell50 »

In order to feel like a serious upgrade, my next machine, (whatever that may be), will have an outboarded pump, plumbed, and 220v. I played around in the Linea Mini thread long enough to discover that it was not going to fit the bill. Chris from La Marzocco PM'ed me and told me that the only single group LM machine that would fit the bill would be the Linea (not the Mini). That was mid-July. Now I noticed this thread (don't know how I missed it before), and went over to LM's Strada page and see no evidence of a single group Strada. Without sifting through this entire thread, is the Strada mini going to be available with outboarded/outboardable pump, plumbed, AND 220v?

-Peter
LMWDP #553