La marzocco old rubber feet support

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
einstein

#1: Post by einstein »

Anyone have pics of how you mount them to your machine or do they just set on it?

Its for a 1997 marzocco linea, currently have aluminum legs but want lower ones for the cabinet.

duke-one

#2: Post by duke-one »

Don't know the exact feet but various industrial suppliers have rubber feet in great assortments, large, small, inch or metric. I put some on my Linea's external pump which sits on a wire shelf and was originally on a mouse pad which let it walk a bit.
Duke

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mitch236 »

On my Linea, the rubber "feet" were just rubber blocks with a hole about 3/4 of the way through. For my machine, you would put bolts into the threaded nut where the legs mount. The hole in the rubber would fit over the bolt head and keep the rubber in place. I bought my machine new so this system is their stock approach. I used the rubber feet for the first few years I owned the machine but when I saw all the gunk that accumulated underneath, I opted for the feet which makes keeping the counter clean easier (or even possible).

Billc

#4: Post by Billc »

Originally the machines came with a small plastic cylinder that bolted to the machine and the rubber blocks fit on them. They were large enough to provide a friction fit. The bolt works just as well.

Bill

eric needham

#5: Post by eric needham »

I have used rubber stoppers that I purchased at lowes. They are about 2 inch round. I would slide the machine in place using some 2 foot long 1x2 then lift up slightly and place the rubber stoppers in place where the original feet where. This also keep the machine from sliding.

hope this helps, Eric 8)

einstein (original poster)

#6: Post by einstein (original poster) »

That helps tons, thanks so much for your help. Eric did you run you drain line directly to your sink or did you drill a hole to drain it? Other than a water softener do you have any other treatment for your water? That is my exact same machine other than mine is a 97 from a starbucks. Did you do anything to insulate your cabinets from the heat? Pics of your drain and water feed line would be awesome.

Matt