La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience - Page 48

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RikC

#471: Post by RikC »

Well, I doubt anyone here has both those two machines at arms length?

Maybe try them at a shop? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPH5iGSe_xI

Otherwise completely different animals:
- Linea Mini: Much better temperature control and stability trough a water immersed grouphead with temperature sensors and PID controlled heating elements, feed to the grouphead trough controlled mix of superheated hx water and cold group water.
- R60v, E61 tech with pressure profiling. The temperature variable won't be the 'set-it-and-forget-it' like the LMLM because the R60 relies on the mass of the brass grouphead and is thus also dependent on it's geometry and heat transfering properties. Measuring sensors are further away from the group head exit point. As a tradeoff you do get pressure profiling alowing you to experiment more.

If tinkering with the taste of the coffee is your this the R60v or a Vesuvius can be more of your thing. If you're more interested in getting the shot you dialed in reliably and consistently go for the LMLM I would say.

Carradine

#472: Post by Carradine »

RikC wrote:
If tinkering with the taste of the coffee is your this the R60v or a Vesuvius can be more of your thing. If you're more interested in getting the shot you dialed in reliably and consistently go for the LMLM I would say.
Thanks
I just want a good and excellent espresso shot.
Which device is better in brewing speciality coffee bean ?
I mean taste

LaMini

#473: Post by LaMini replying to Carradine »

That depends on your grinder!

Carradine

#474: Post by Carradine replying to LaMini »

Casadio enea on demand

wpK

#475: Post by wpK replying to Carradine »

What he means is the grinder is the main component in getting flavors out of the coffee not the machine.

RikC

#476: Post by RikC »

I started a stopwatch today: Temperature light solid and steam group up tp pressure in 12 minutes flat. Made my first espresso shortly after that. I do have to say this is partly why I splashed out on the LMLM (230V version) and it's not disapointing me in the morning!

Simon345

#477: Post by Simon345 »

Its a very good machine. After using the lmlm extensively at 9 bar and 6 bar with a variety of beans I cant imagine anyone prefering 9 bar based on taste or repeatability of shots. If you havent tried 6 bar do it - NOW. Great crema. Better flavour. More consistent shots. Might just periodically update the thread every 6 hours or so to remind new users.... :evil:

Carradine

#478: Post by Carradine »

How this machine work with the single origin coffee bean?

ziggomatic

#479: Post by ziggomatic »

Simon345 wrote:Its a very good machine. After using the lmlm extensively at 9 bar and 6 bar with a variety of beans I cant imagine anyone prefering 9 bar based on taste or repeatability of shots. If you havent tried 6 bar do it - NOW. Great crema. Better flavour. More consistent shots. Might just periodically update the thread every 6 hours or so to remind new users.... :evil:
So I have been doing a lot of testing as well at 6 bar vs. 9 bar since I got my Monolith conical grinder, I prefer light roast espresso blends and I seem to be getting better taste results at 9 bar. There is a possibility that I just have my current coffee dialed in so well at 9bar, I was never able to produce the same sweetness and balance pulling shots at 6 bar. Its a Four Barrel Friendo Blendo, at 9bar I have it dialed in at around 18g in/30g out @ 204*. I tried all sorts of recipes and temperatures at 6bar, and while I did get different flavors out of the coffee, it was never as desirable as the 9bar shots.

I really wanted to like the 6 bar shots, but it just never clicked for me. One thing to note though, consistency is a non-issue for me using the Monolith and is amazing at all pressure levels, so this is purely based on taste judgement.

nuketopia

#480: Post by nuketopia »

I played with the pressure settings a bit and eventually restored it to the standard 9-bar at the brew group as measured with a SCACE-2. I still have the 0.6mm orifice installed in place of the standard 0.8mm. I don't think there's anything wrong with the 0.8mm, just not worth the effort to change it back. All it does is slow the ramp to pressure a little bit at the start of a pull.