La Marzocco Linea Mini - Unboxing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zwap

#1: Post by zwap »

Hi. I've been a long time lurker, first time poster. Thought the arrival of my Linea Mini would be a good reason to sign up and share some unboxing videos and answer any questions any of you may have about the machine.

I only got it last night, so I've only pulled a few shots, but so far I am super impressed. It is beautifully made, runs so quietly, nice to use, and pretty to look at. The steam is incredible and produces amazing milk, almost without trying. It seems that the steam is a lot drier than the steam in my old Carimali Uno.

I created a couple of cheesy videos of the unboxing process yesterday:
Part 1 - The accessory kit:
Part 2 - The machine itself:
I'll follow these up with some shot videos soon.

Beezer

#2: Post by Beezer »

Congratulations on the new machine! Welcome to the Mini club! You chose a mighty fine looking color, if I may say so. 8)

Looks like they gave you two portafilters, one single and one double. Mine just came with one, plus single and double spouts. I wonder if they're now all shipping with two PF's.

Your paddle seems a bit stiff to operate compared to mine. I think they break in a bit over time, but you can loosen the nut on it to make it feel smoother if you like.

Congratulations again. I'll be interested in seeing your shot pulling videos and hearing how it goes. The more information posted on this fine machine the better.
Lock and load!

keno

#3: Post by keno »

Congrats on the new machine!! I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

LM packages the Mini outside of the U.S. with two portafilters. Not sure why, but assume that is factored into the retail price of the machine.

Note the LM packaged baskets are made by VST and branded with LM. In the video I only noticed two baskets (17g and 21g). In the U.S. machines come with three baskets - 14g, 17g, and 21g.

Beezer

#4: Post by Beezer »

Actually, it's four baskets. You forgot the single! Of course, we Americans never make singles, so it's understandable.
Lock and load!

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

How does everyone not end up with white? Looks amazing.

zwap (original poster)

#6: Post by zwap (original poster) »

Thanks. It actually came with the blind, 14g, 17g and 21g baskets. I'm currently using a VST in it, but I was really interested to read Keno's comment about the baskets it comes with being made by VST but branded LM. They do look quality.

The milk jug and tamper also have laser etching / engraving of the La Marzocco branding, and look really nice.

I really like the feel of the paddle. It's firm, but smooth.

jeffb

#7: Post by jeffb »

brianl wrote:How does everyone not end up with white? Looks amazing.
I really like my black!

keno

#8: Post by keno replying to jeffb »

+1, I love my black Mini! If Batman was into espresso it would be the one he owns. 8)

Uldall

#9: Post by Uldall »

Linea Love

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.

JonF

#10: Post by JonF »

Congrats! I visited LM in Seattle, and the white is their favorite too! Still planning on this as my upgrade too.

(Too bad it would be the only white item in our kitchen, so when I order it will be be SS or Black)