La Marzocco Linea 2AV overhaul project - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
boost

#41: Post by boost »

Haven't been following recent posts but here is the switch wiring for the older Linea in case you still need.

trumz (original poster)

#42: Post by trumz (original poster) »

Thanks.

I've now got it wired up and filled the boilers. I noticed a leak behind the sight glass and found a nice surprise:

AssafL

#43: Post by AssafL »

erics wrote:I would also. Certainly LM should be able to furnish you with a schematic of that specific Bremas switch.

I spoke to Bremas USA and they would not release any diagrams of that particular switch (company policy). Apparently the switch is "custom".
Pretty funny comment when they use the same part numbering used by heavyweight industrial automation makers like Carlo Gavazzi. Second sourcing is nice but claiming it is "custom" is sort of acting dumb. The GZ22 (2 pole 2 step) designation was a dead giveaway to the Gavazzi catalog.

Anyway - happy the electrics are sorted out and what is left is the various leaking fittings...
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

trumz (original poster)

#44: Post by trumz (original poster) »

Yes, on to the next problem! Leaks are not bad if you find them early and if they stop with a bit of tightening. But when you've got a broken pipe, its not fun. So close to wrapping the project up too. I don't have the tools to repair that. I'll look in town tomorrow for a places that will give it a go. Will a braze hold that?

Barista lights are in:

TomC
Team HB

#45: Post by TomC »

Man, that's looking really nice!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

boost

#46: Post by boost »

Looks good, is that the OEM barista light kit?

You can try brazing them again. Most cracks are because of over tightening.

trumz (original poster)

#47: Post by trumz (original poster) »

Thanks! I may have overtightend it then. The sight glass was slightly tilted and I was trying to get it perfect...

Lights are these:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Eag ... 62449.html

What does the LM kit cost? 150$? My lights with LED driver was under 7€.

trumz (original poster)

#48: Post by trumz (original poster) »

Good news! I had the pipe silver soldered.

Pulled my first shot today! Would be nice to Scace it to get an idea of temp...

Both my shut off valves/drain valves under the boiler have a slow leaks so I'll try to find some in town tomorrow.

I'm a wee bit concerned about having the SSR terminals exposed. What should I cover them with?

LukeFlynn

#49: Post by LukeFlynn »

Nice IMS Screens! I loved those when I had my Oscar, they are a little pricey, but the pretty water fall and cleanliness was well worth it IMO. I take it this will be taking your Appia's place? Anyways, good luck on the rest of your rebuild!

AssafL

#50: Post by AssafL »

trumz wrote:
I'm a wee bit concerned about having the SSR terminals exposed. What should I cover them with?
What do you mean exposed? And what are you concerned from happening?

The SSR has the lugs inside separated wells so that they can't short and assuming you crimped the leads using insulated lugs (and did the heat shrink like you did for the main switch) - you are pretty safe.

Some SSR have covers that hinge (Panasonic) and there are covers available for other types/makes. For Crydom:
http://www.crydom.com/en/products/ssr-a ... ve-covers/

You could also tape it down using electrical PVC tape... Not as clean looking though.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.