La Marzocco GS3 Noise and Vibration Problems - Page 10

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
wiz561

#91: Post by wiz561 »

By any chance, is there a maintenance manual for the gs/3? Does Chilton's make one? :D

I've heard of the infamous orange book, but it's for the Linea, not the gs/3.

boyscout

#92: Post by boyscout »

wiz561 wrote:By any chance, is there a maintenance manual for the gs/3?
I don't know about a maintenance manual, but just in case you don't know about these being on line:

PARTS CATALOG

INSTALLATION GUIDE

OPERATING MANUAL

Paul_Pratt

#93: Post by Paul_Pratt »

shadowfax wrote:Jon, I might have a pump for sale on the cheap.... 8)

Seriously, though, Paul, I am surprised you say it took you that long. IIRC it was about 3 hours for me. I wouldn't argue that it's an extreme measure-it was a seriously fiddly, touch and go exercise that I wouldn't recommend to the non-mechanically inclined in the slightest; but I'm happier having it out of there. The machine is lighter, and there's more space in between the boilers, which left me extra room to properly insulate the steam boiler. Moreover, a new motor will cost you about $150 minimum here in the US (that's the best price I've seen, from Synesso-they sell a switchable 240/120VAC motor), so even if it did take you the better part of the day the effort is arguably worth it (unless you make well into the six figures at your day job, for example). Heck, I bet you could have it professionally removed for less than the cost of a new motor.
I seem to remember it was the main wiring box with the on/off switch that was a PITA. It was an early model (<#100) and there was not much room inside the box. I've been told that it has been changed and the box is more roomier inside. If I had to do it again for someone you wouldn't get much change out of that $150 :D

shadowfax

#94: Post by shadowfax »

Yeah, but of course you have have to deal with the brain box whether you take the pump out or buy a new one, so it's hardly fair to include that... :P But, yes, isolating the pump cables from all the other ones coming into the brain box and then replacing that with a long cord was a tedious job that wasn't helped by how little wiggle room you get to pull it away from the machine because of all the short wires running back to the machine. For the whole job of outboarding, I'd sure charge at least $150 if it weren't for a good friend.
Nicholas Lundgaard

JonR10

#95: Post by JonR10 »

shadowfax wrote:For the whole job of outboarding, I'd sure charge at least $150 if it weren't for a good friend.
Do I qualify? Does this mean you are offering to do mine? :mrgreen:
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

rbh1515

#96: Post by rbh1515 »

I installed the longer braided hose a couple of weeks ago. My GS3 has stayed very quiet. I think this is the fix. At the same time I re-lubed the motor mounts and adjusted the T-nuts. Occasionally I get a very faint vibration in the drip tray, but otherwise the machine is very quiet! I highly recommend the longer hose.
Rob

EricC
Supporter ♡

#97: Post by EricC »

EricC wrote:I have also put in a request with the importer here in the UK, Mulmar, to enquire about it for me.
Regards
Eric
Well Mulmar came through for me.

My longer hose, 54cm, plus several other bits and pieces arrived today. :D

EricC
Supporter ♡

#98: Post by EricC »

Update.

As stated by Ken much earlier in the thread the original one i took off was 50cm long and the new one was 54cm long.

My GS/3 does now sound quieter and appear to have less vibration, much better.

At the same time I received the rubber group to boiler "O" ring, the one that surrounds the swan neck and covers the gap between it and the stainless bodywork. My machine had never had this since i received it, and once fitted really improves the GS/3 looks.

All in all, well worth waiting for.