La Marzocco GS3 Noise and Vibration Problems - Page 6

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Ken Fox (original poster)

#51: Post by Ken Fox (original poster) »

rbh1515 wrote:I got the new hose from my vendor the other day. The new hose they sent me is 20 inches long. Unfortunately that's the length of my current hose. I don't think the one they sent me is the new longer one, because I don't think that an 18.5 inch hose would even be able to make the connection. My vendor is looking into it. Anyone know how long the new hose is supposed to be?
Rob
Bill Crossland told me in a PM that the length of the new hose is 54cm, which would be 21.25 inches.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

rbh1515

#52: Post by rbh1515 »

Ken,
That makes sense! Thanks for the info.
Rob

EricC
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by EricC »

Ken,

Thank you for the update and detail on the length of the new hose.
I was in touch with my supplier earlier, they advised me that they are waiting for a response from LaMarzocco.

Regards
Eric

A2chromepeacock

#54: Post by A2chromepeacock »

Ken Fox wrote:...From our last communication I am expecting to get my new hose the first week of December...
Hi Ken, I've been having some vibration problems on my GS3 as well. Any updates regarding the longer hose? I'd love to hear if this is the fix that finally works.
Derek
LMWDP #139

#55: Post by Ken Fox (original poster) replying to A2chromepeacock »

My vendor was going to send me the new hose the beginning of this past week. I called him to remind him and he said he'd already placed the order and was going over to LM personally (he is in Seattle also) that afternoon. I cautioned him that another poster here had said he'd received a "too-short" braided hose as a replacement, one that was no longer than the original, and I asked him to confirm that they had one of the longer ones picked out for me. I got a call the next day and it turned out that they did not (yet) have the longer replacement hoses in stock in Seattle (as of 5 or 6 days ago) and that it would probably take another month to receive them in from Italy.

So, I'm hoping to get a new hose in early January. Each time I've made adjustments to the machine the noise and vibration has left for a few weeks but then returned. I need to drain the boiler today so I'm going to adjust it again today, to tide me over until I get the new hose.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

A2chromepeacock

#56: Post by A2chromepeacock »

Ken Fox wrote:Each time I've made adjustments to the machine the noise and vibration has left for a few weeks but then returned.
Thanks for the update--I'll look forward to your experience with the longer hose come January. I'll likely try to get one from my vendor also, as I'm having the same issue you mention about the temporary fix.
Derek
LMWDP #139

EricC
Supporter ♡

#57: Post by EricC »

Can anyone please advise me of what size fittings are on each end of the hose, are they 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch?

I have had no joy so far and have decided to get a longer hose made by a local firm. As I am at the office at the moment I was wondering if one of one of the many GS/3 owners had the details , also, the new hose from LaMarzocco, is it 56cm total length including fittings or is it 56cm plus the fittings?

Regards
Eric

shadowfax

#58: Post by shadowfax »

Eric, I just looked at my plumb-in hose (pump side hose), and tested the correct end of it with some other fittings I have that I know what they are. contrary to what a guy at LM-USA told me ('straight pipe thread' or something like that), it seems the GS3 uses a 1/4" BSPP fitting on the pump (i.e. the pump is 3/8" F BSPP, and it has 3/8" M x 1/4" M BSPP adapters in the inlet and outlet). You need a hose with 1/4" F BSPP compression fittings on either end to go from the pump outlet to the mixing block, and remember that one side has to be 90° to go into the mixing block properly.

Hope that helps. Should make it cake for you.
Nicholas Lundgaard

#59: Post by Ken Fox (original poster) »

EricC wrote:Can anyone please advise me of what size fittings are on each end of the hose, are they 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch?

I have had no joy so far and have decided to get a longer hose made by a local firm. As I am at the office at the moment I was wondering if one of one of the many GS/3 owners had the details , also, the new hose from LaMarzocco, is it 56cm total length including fittings or is it 56cm plus the fittings?

Regards
Eric
I doubt you will find an "off the shelf" solution however by starting with a standard length hose, possibly with adding some adapters, you can get close.

I posed your exact question to Bill Crossland in a PM a while back, and here, pasted in, is his response:
The hose was increased 4cm or 1.5 inches. The new hose is 54cm long. Both ends have 1/4G (BSPP) and one end has a 90 degree elbow.
ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

EricC
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by EricC »

Excellent, thank you once again Nicholas and Ken for the exact information i need.

Exactly Ken, the company I have contacted are going to make a custom one for me.

UPDATE
I have just spoken with them and they are going to get the fittings and make one up for me, total cost £20, which if it silences the GS/3 will be worth every penny.

Many thanks once again.

All the Best
Eric